Week 4 Day 4 sick spider p2

Petyr's pov
The first time I wake up it's around 3:30 am and in a bed even larger than mine, which is already massive. Looking to my left Fenris is laying in a defensive position, watching me, so I smile at her and it may be my imagination but I think she smiled back.

Looking in front of me Goose is laying fast asleep on my lap and I have to stop a coo at the cute little flerken.

To my right though, Dad is laying reading some book.

"Morning barn, you feeling any better?" Dad asks his eyes landing softly on mine.

"Hey Dad, also better? I feel fine. When didn't I?"

"You had quite a high fever this morning do you feel sick, headache? Nausea?" Dad asks and I shake my head.

"I was sick? I didn't think that was possible since my spidey powers."

"I do not believe your powers make you immune to diseases, I believe it truly weakens them until a large amount are built up in your system causing you to have multiple symptoms of different diseases at once. At least that's what I can gather from the little knowledge that I have of your Spider abilities," Dad answers, and to be honest, it makes complete sense, and also to be even more honest thinking hurts now that I am actually paying attention to it.

But, I have already missed a school day and I really can not miss another so I can't let Dad know of this headache.

"Dad?"

"Yeah?" He responds with nothing but care and love in his voice so I realize I couldn't do it.

"You were going to lie to me weren't you, barn?" Dad asks matter of factly and I face the ground in humiliation.

"Yeah..."

Smirking, Dad takes my hand and pulls my chin up to face him.

"Barn. We don't lie if said lying will cause you danger. You are ill, whether you were going to ask to go or not I was never going to let you leave for school. It would be irresponsible parenting from my side. I am not here only to scold or teach you different skills, I am also here to care and love and so much more, you may come to me with anything as I am your Dad," Dad says and I smile and give him a warm hug.

"Thanks, Dad."

Smiling he continues, "As for letting you go to school think of it this way. How dangerous would that disease or diseases inside you be if a mortal had to get it? You are a half-blood, frost giant, tesseract driven spider and it shot your temperature to 39°C. What would it do to a mortal?" Dad asks and I realize he is right.

"Okay, I'll stay at home."

"That was never up for debate, Petyr I am simply informing you of why you will be staying," Dad notes, and I giggle at him and lay my head down on his lap.

Dad plays with my hair as he continues to read his book and I fall back asleep.

Carol's pov
4 am I wake up and get the sense that something is wrong with Peter. Quickly I head to his room only to find it completely empty.

Okay, so what is the worst-case scenario? Pete has been kidnapped and I am going to attack some people.

Running out of his room I nearly run over Thor who still seems half asleep.

"Lady Carol? Why are you in such a rush?" Thor asks worriedly.

"Pete, I can't find him."

"Oh, the young one is with Loki in my chambers. The boy had a fever in the early mornings and Fenris brought him to me as I was awake," Thor responds and I let out a relieved breath as Pete hasn't been kidnapped but that relief is only there until I process what Thor had just said.

"Pete is sick?"

Rushing towards Thor's room I gently knock on the door. When I hear a very quiet 'come in' from Loki I realize Pete is probably asleep and take extra care to not make any noise.

When I enter the room Loki establishes a mind conversation between himself and I and in my mind quickly catches me up with what happened and that Pete isn't going to school today.

Okay, I guess I will go call Talos and have him marked as absent again.

"Loki? What do we tell the Avengers, I'm aware Pete isn't ready for them to know but if we say he's sick, they'll probably all want to help."

"Do any of them know the truth?" Loki asks and I nod, Fury and Talos know of me and that's about it unless you count Thor.

"Well, then we say you and Thor were sparring in the early mornings until you walked past Petyr's room noticed he had an unnaturally high fever, concluded that it's something to do with his spider powers, and took him to Asgard as we have amazing healers," Loki suggests.

"Great idea."

"I know," Loki answers and I roll my eyes.

Petyr D's pov
The second time I wake up it's around 4 am and I notice both Mom and Dad are in the room but neither is making a sound so I easily realize they are speaking telepathically.

"Morning..."

Loki's pov
Instinctively I touch Petyr's head with the back of my hand to try and see if he has a fever which to my relief he does not.

"Close your eyes Little one, it's still early in the morning."

Petyr D's pov
Maybe it was the blurry mind my being sick was causing but when I notice both Mom and Dad are in my room, I use my sling ring to teleport Mom to where I am laying.

This earns me a confused look from her but I ignore it and take her hand with my left hand and Dad's hand with my right.

Mom sits down next to me and that was exactly what I was waiting for. As soon as she sits down I pull both Mom and Dad closer to me, effectively laying in a small gap between them and holding their hands nonetheless.

Mom then starts to stroke my hair with her free hand and Dad just smiles at me.

This is how I fell asleep...