Week 4 Day 1 the trip p5

Carol's pov
Something is very clearly bothering Pete and I can't figure out what.

"My child, what's wrong?"

"Uhh, I'm sorry," Pete mutters and I tilt my head.

"Whatever for?"

"I'm going to sound so rude b-but I don't know how to trust this," Pete responds honestly and I have no idea what he's talking about.

"Kiddo, sometimes it's ok to seem rude as long as you don't mean it, I can tell you won't mean whatever it is you want to say as rudely so I won't take it that way."

Pete seems puzzled for a second but then keeps his eyes solely on the clouds and in a small voice says, "You're not going t-to l-leave again are you? I-I don't think I could handle that..."

"Pete, my star, look at me."

"The plane," Peter points out, in an obvious attempt to not have to face me but I put us on auto pilot.

"Look at me."

He obeys and I turn my gaze to a soft and loving one, nothing short of what I feel towards him.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'll be here no matter what, that's a promise."

"B-but what if I stop being amazing what if I stop making you proud instead continuesly getting in trouble, I'll just be a burden to you Mom," Pete says and my heart breaks.

"You will never be a burden to me, I'll always love you, even if you do the worst things imaginable. I'll love you because that's how much I care. You're not some mistake, your Dad and I love every minute we spend with you. You are amazing in every thing you do. You care so much for others. I love you for that. I love you far to much to leave forever."

"You know the day I left you with the Parkers you and I went flying in one of these planes. It was here that Mary and Richard picked you up, I hated it, every part of me said don't, just take him with you. But my heart said, Pete's safety comes first which is why I left and didn't return cause, if I did there would be no way I could stomach doing it again."

Pete smiles lightly at this so I continue...

"Here, look at this."

Pete proceeds to look at the bracelet I've never taken off.

Pressing a button a hologram of himself as a baby and I in my old plane appears.

The child looks at it in total awe and I smile.

"I've never taken this off. To help myself remember who it is I'm fighting for. A promise I can make you today Pete is if you need me I'll be there, I'll never leave you behind again, that's a promise."

Taking off the locket I have around my neck I place it around Pete's.

"Never take this off, if you press it twice it'll show this same picture as a holigram that my bracelet does and if you press it three times it'll send me your location. I'll be there if you call for me."

"I love you."

Looking at my son his eyes are a dark red so I open my arms and he falls into them, crying.

"I'm not going anywhere, that's a promise. Shhhh."

"I love you Mom," Pete says and I smile at him.

"Love you too always and forever."

After ten or so minutes Pete stops crying and he's tears are replaced with a massive smile.

"Thank you," he says happily and I ruffle his hair.

"Would you take me out flying again someday?" Pete asks and I nod.

"Of course."

Goose then jumps and sits on Pete's lap as he continues to fly the plane staring at everything around us in total awe.

I love this kid.

Meanwhile

Wanda's pov
Ms. Danvers, there's something about her. I think she really likes Pete. Not in a romantic way or anything but more like motherly and Mister I think he sees Pete as his son as well.

I wonder if Pete has noticed this. Probably not his parents died when he wad so young he can probably barely remember what parental love feels like so he probably thinks this is just what a normal adult-child friendship feels like. I really hope he discovers the truth soon. I want him to be happy.

Even though I want too I know it's not my place to open his eyes to this so instead I'll just be there for him until he is able to figure it out himself.

Meanwhile

Nat's pov
"He did what? Flash insulted my baby spider again! Clint! Steve! Tony! Bruce! Hill! Let's go."

"Where are we going?" Stark asks and I smile.

"You remember our plan with Flash. Well now it's unnecessary. I just got of the phone with Wanda. Pete exposed Spidey to his class as Flash wanted to punch Wanda. Flash has also the whole day done nothing but insult Peter to his face."

"Screw diplomatic solutions, I'm threatening this child. You coming?"

Everyone nods so we head to a car and drive to where Flash is standing at a park mocking some children.

"Eugene!"

"What do you want?" He says until he realizes who I am.

"Uhh, hi Natasha."

The child has the audacity to make fun of my baby spider, to nearly punch my niece and now mock children infront of me but calls me Natasha as if we've known each other for years.

"Do not call me that."

"Also never go near Peter or bully anyone again cause if you do I'll make sure you pay the consequences for it, child."

"How would you know?" Eugene mocks and I roll my eyes.

"I have eyes everywhere."

As I say that Maria and Clint step from different trees and play with their weapons.

Tony flies over our heads.

In the distance one can hear the Hulk roaring (no one is in danger, Bruce has control) and Cap is fighting off a Hydra agent on a building a few meters to our right.

So Flash freezes and nods saying, "I'll stop bullying ma'am."

"Good."

So I turn around and leave...

Author's pov
When Heimdell saw all this he sent two more to join the threatining.

Needless to say Flash sat stuch under Mjølnir for a few hours with lightning sparking all around him. And two angry Asgardians glaring his way with Fenris growling since Thor remembered this specific Midgardian and no one hurts the nephew of Thor and Hela....