V5: Chapter 10 - Scavenger Hunt

Start from the beginning

The guy addressed us an amused expression, winked and accepted my delivery.

"My~, what do you mean, Karma-kun? What's written on that paper?" Shinobu asked with a way too kind smile.

Before I could say anything, the staff member showed her the slip of paper. She looked at me after reading what was on the paper.

"My. I didn't know you felt that way, Karma-kun," she stated.

I could see she didn't believe it for a second, but she would play along. The staff member would never question it, especially if I showed some affection towards Shinobu.

In any case, it's not like they could nullify the results, feelings were something so substantial that if I declared that I liked Shinobu no one could say I was wrong.

"What can I say, Shinobu? The event threw away my plans to charm you."

"You are free to try, Karma-kun."

This was amazing. She was hating every second but was still playing along.

Man, I love this school.

To Shinobu, I am simply the guy that killed his precious sister and got away with it. Now, she had to stand me every day for the next three years, it would soon be two years, though.

"Eh?"

I suddenly grabbed her by the waist, wrapping my arms around her.

"Since my lady requests it," I said before leaning closer for a kiss.

Our faces were centimetres away and just as our lips were about to make contact, she flicked me.

"Ouch."

"If you'll excuse me Karma-kun. I'm participating on the next round."

Leaving us with that statement, Shinobu went to take her position for the next round. I crossed my arms.

"Well, best luck next time," the staff member told me.

I nodded agreeing with his statement. As expected everyone's eyes were on us, and people I was competing against were standing not far from me looking baffled. They had normal items on their hands.

"Man, I have work to do," I stated while scratching my head feigning frustration.

It had been a good act. People were bound to talk about it.

I hadn't planned for this, but the reactions from the onlookers made it worth it.

I wonder if someone will stumble upon the papers I added for this event, though.

Misaka Mikoto POV

I couldn't help but sigh at Karma's act.

I knew he didn't love Shinobu, he just wanted to put up a show in front of everyone.

Whatever. He was free to do as he pleased.

As for me, I just took my position and waited for the fourth round of the scavenger hunt to start.

Ike had won the first one for Class D and Karma and Shinobu the second and third ones for Class B so I should take first place for our class here.

Ryuuen's provocations hadn't been enough, and he had lost the cavalry battle which was the only one of those the all-participant team-events that the boys were supposed to win. Therefore, we had to do well in the scavenger hunt and change plans a bit. Especially for this competition and for four-way-tug-of-war.