I'm Not Dead | 81

Start from the beginning

Not because they want to hurt her or anything, they don't know how bad it is to be a foster kid, especially when you're a girl, they normally have it worse and that fucking sucks.

I walk into the building, saying a few hi's to a few of the people I recognise, like the receptionist, that intern Jonny, he's a cool guy, Caroline, she's a personal assistant for one of the head engineers, a couple of the security, my guy Gary, such a good security officer. Actually he's shit but I think he has a cool name, like SpongeBob's snail ya know.

I finally get to the elevator and FRI asks if I want to go to the living room seeing as that's where everyone is including Tony, I say sure and she takes me there while I press the random buttons that do nothing.

The elevator doors open and I walk out, "hey guys, I'm not dead" I say and they all look over to me, their faces breaking out in smiles, some bigger than other but all with that same familiar warmth.

"Hey kid, we were missing ya the past couple of days" Tony says with a grin.

"Yeah you guys won't believe what happened!" I say.

"Oh no, last time you said that you said you were kidnapped by a terrorist group" Sam says and I roll eyes at the evident worry etched into all their faces.

"Guys chill, its nothing bad, my foster mom moved to Chicago so now I have a new foster parent, I've dubbed him Chill Charlie, he's chill, he also has a whole ass music studio in his basement which is awesome by the way" I say, sitting down on an armchair as Tessa runs up to me causing Bucky to pout seeing as she was cuddling with him.

"Oh that's good, bitch-move on that old foster mom though" Clint replies with a shrug.

"Eh I don't even remember her name, she was always in vegas" I say with a shrug and they look sorta concerned but are used to me normalising weird things.

"I- well okay then" Clint replies.

"This new guy though, he's nice right?" Mom asks with slight worry.

"Yep, that's why he's Chill Charlie, he doesn't smoke weed though so that kinda sucks and he keeps talking to me it's weird, he also like cooks actual meals, omg d'you think he's tryna poison me? Who knows, people are weird these days" I say and they look at me like I'm an idiot with lighthearted smiles resting on their faces.

"Pete, him not smoking weed is a good thing, so is him talking to you, and no he's most likely not poisoning you, he's just doing what a foster parent is supposed to, ya know take care of the kid in their care" Ma says and I shrug, she's probably right, heck she's always right.

"Yeah you're right but I dunno it just feels weird, like the other day he asked me if I wanted to throw a football around in the backyard, like why? That's a bit weird, who would wanna do that, it seems like a waste of time" I reply and Bucky laughs slightly.

"He's just tryna get to know you better kid" he says and I shrug.

"I told him sports weren't my thing, then he asked me what I like to do, it was weird" I reply and a few of them facepalm.

"Ya know I'm glad you finally have a decent foster parent, he seems like a good man" Steve says with a soft smile, patting me slightly on the back.

"Thanks Capsicle, oh and Tony he asked me to get you to call him, I dunno he's weird like that" I say with a shrug.

"I'll call him, I can say I'm Tony's assistant, I wanna see what the dude's like" Mom says and Tony is about to argue until she sends him a slight glare and so he closes his mouth.

"I don't care, as long as someone calls him" I reply with a shrug.

"Nice, text me his number" Mom says and give a nod of agreement, then quickly go on my phone to share the dude's number with her.

"Got it" she says as she gets a notification.

"Ooh call him now! I wanna hear!" Clint says with a grin.

"Ha! No way am I doing that, whenever I make a phone call in front of you, you make weird bird noises in the background" she replies with slight scoff.

"Come onnnnn, I promise I won't!" He begs but she doesn't cave.

"I'm making this call myself, right now actually so if you will excuse me boys" she says and walks out.

"Ha! She called you a boy!" Pietro teases his sister who rolls her eyes in amusement.

"Hey Tones got any red bull? I'm thirsty, I don't wanna drink water" I ask.

"Yeah sure I'll grab ya one" he says while Steeb sends him a disapproving look which only causes him to smirk.

"Who would've thought that Tony Stark would be fetching a drink for a 15 year old kid though" Clint says in amusement and Tony just rolls his eyes as he walks back in with a red bull.

"It's called being nice Barton" he says, tossing me the can which I effortlessly catch because I'm just THAT cool, though it might just be because he was only like two feet away from me, but oh well.

"You? Nice? Yeah I never thought I'd ever see that" Clint laughs and Tony rolls his eyes.

"I'm nice sometimes!" he argues and everyone laughs.

"Keyword being 'sometimes'" Bucky says with a smirk.

Just then Mom walks back in and everyone turns to her asking questions about Chalrie, I dunno why they don't just ask me, I'm the one living with the guy.

"Ladies calm down, he's like Peter said, he's chill, he's a nice guy, he made really bad dad jokes, he kinda like what would happen if Bucky and Clint had a child" she says with a shrug.

"Hey thats what I thought!" I say with a grin.

"Ha! She called you a lady" Wanda says to Pietro mockingly, payback's a bitch.

"I'm cooler than him" Bucky says and I smirk slightly.

"Don't worry Buck, you're still my favourite" I say and we fist bump, very coolly might I add.

"Well other than Ma but you know what I mean, you're my favourite dude" I say and he nods in understanding, Nat is superior.

"I'll take that" he says while the rest of the team just look at me like 'bro that hurt'.

Though we all know my real favourite is Harley.

———

Hola my fair readers, I would like to give you my sincerest heartfelt apologies for not updating sooner. Lol yeah jk I don't give a shit, nahhhh kidding again, I actually am sorry.

Oh and if you read that weird story about me bombing my old friends, pls know that I did not in fact bomb them and that my brother wrote that, he also called my online brother and called him a retard so sorry bout that ArrowMaker15

ALSO GUYS I GOT MY FIRST FANART FOR THIS FIC!

It's peters family, ya know before they died 💀

It's peters family, ya know before they died 💀. My friend said it was depressing and it is but it's so fucking cool! I love fanart!

Thanks yeetedtothisworld for a his wonderful art! You made my day!

Peter's Shrug Count: 5

Word Count: 1800

- mayaaa ✌🏼