I let out a sigh and sit on the edge of the bed, followed by Mrs. Kim or Solar, as she asked me to call her.

"I'm not defending him because I'm his mother but they are big businessmen. They can't grow bigger if they don't have proper political and economic power and for that, they need to get their hands dirty. That's how the world works dear."

"I know. I know but it's just that, it's sort of hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that the one person I'm crazy about is on the same road as my father, which cost him his life. I know it's a lot safer now, I even accompanied him so that I get to see how safe it actually is, he sort of asked me to so that I can start believing him, but it still somehow scares me." I say, tears pooling in my eyes as my mind again goes back to the time I was kidnapped, when I saw my family and the house blow up.

"Well Maya, you are one smart girl, so I will not question your judgment here but know this, I could see it in Joon, how much he likes you. Hell, he even yelled at me for lashing out at you, and trust me he never did that. He can even give up his life protecting the ones he loves and holds dear to him and today I could see it in him that you are also one of them. Basically what I'm trying to say is he won't let a scratch come on you, you can trust him. You won't regret it...."

I smile at her as I wipe the teardrop that escaped my eye.

"Thank you. For this. I lost my mother too early to actually know and ask her about what it is like to trust somebody with their life and heart and soul like she did. You are the first one who said something in the same lines to me."

"Ahhhh don't cry...... everybody needs relationship advice from someone at some point of time. Just did not expect that it'd be me giving you advice that too about my son." She says while wiping the rest of the tears that escaped my eyes.

"And I can assure you Solar, I am absolutely in love with your son so if we do end up dating, like if I do get over my fear and we do get together, I'll keep him as happy as possible." I smile at her as I say the words.

"I hope so." She says before looking at me and then looking down. For the first time, the silence is not uncomfortable.

"You said I single-handedly almost saved your marriage. How?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"You said something about being tired of the loneliness together, so we decided that we'd go visit some of our relatives, maybe even take an overseas trip. We will give this a try. Because no matter what, I do love this man, I love Sejin. We have been together for forty years. We have a beautiful family with four children. We can't give that up like this." She then looks up at me and says, " You predicted all of these. We had a solution so fast, because of you. Thank you."

We were interrupted by a knock followed by Namjoon popping his head in to take a peak.

"Mom, you might be surprised but we got the food ready, you wanna come down for dinner?" He asks.

Solar nods before standing up. I follow her and almost left the room with her but was stopped by Namjoon.

"Well aren't you both coming?" Solar asks. I look at Namjoon with furrowed eyebrows.

"Uh yeah, we'll join you guys in some time." Namjoon calmly says.

"So what happened?" he asks, curiosity filling his eyes.

"Well she apologized, came clean about not liking me, confessed that she and dad were lovers, then gave me a shit ton of relationship advice and thanked me thousand times for saving her marriage and now we're here," I say, shoving my hands in my pockets.

"Oh yeah, I know about the last part. I was standing outside for the last fifteen minutes, eavesdropping. Well, I didn't want to, I came to call you guys for lunch but something caught my ear and I stayed there for the rest of the duration."

"Wha- what caught your ears?" I stutter. I very well know what I said in the last fifteen minutes.

"Oh, nothing much, just the part where you told mom that you are absolutely crazy about me, that you were in love with me, and that if we date, you'll keep me as happy as possible," Namjoon says while hovering over me. Our height difference can be felt now because need to lookup directly. A red tint covers my cheeks as I hide my face in embarrassment.

"Well if it helps, I do love you too." He says, his dimples highlighting his ever-beautiful smile.

"This is so weird. We aren't even dating but we confessed that we are in love with each other." I say, hiding my face in his chest.

He moves away from me only to cup my cheeks and pull me into a kiss. This wasn't like the previous kiss, this was gentle as if I was something so fragile and he was being so careful. It's as if I could feel his love through the kiss.

"I know you are still not completely okay with me doing what I do, so I won't pressure you. Whenever you are ready for me, I'll be too."

He says before placing a peck on my forehead and taking my hand, proceeding to the dining room where everyone was waiting for us.

"I can't believe I'll have to sleep with blue balls today." He whispers in my ear as we start taking our plates.

"Who knows..... You might not, anything is possible, Just saying. Joonie" I whisper back before winking while I see him choke on air because of my words and actions.