Chapter 10

One week later, the day of the Party

"Maya, you all set?" Namjoon asks while fixing his suit. We were at his place to have final checks to see if everything is in place for the rave later on.

"I constantly feel like I'm forgetting something but I just can't put my finger on it." I sigh.

"Okay, we still have a lot of time. Let's go through the lists and cross-check them okay?" Namjoon asks trying to calm me down knowing how agitated I feel at this moment.

After going through all the lists, everything turned out to be exactly where it's supposed to be yet I still feel like I'm missing out on something.

"So who's your date for tonight?" Namjoon asks. My eyes shot up. That's what I was missing out on. I completely forgot that we need to bring a date with us.

"Fuck. That was what I was forgetting. A date. A fucking date. Dammit, it completely slipped my mind."

Namjoon gave me a worried look and said," You do remember stag entry isn't allowed right? Everyone needs to have a date at the ball. I thought Hwasa would remind you about it considering she's gonna be my date for tonight."

"What? Wait WHAT?! My friend, the person I asked you to invite to the afterparty suddenly became your date and no one even thought of telling this to me?" I yell out in annoyance because my best friend is going as my crush's date to a ball I organized. A thought suddenly popped in my head. "I'll be right back," I say before leaving a dumbfounded Namjoon in his walk-in closet.

I go out to the balcony and pull out my phone. The other end of the line answers almost immediately.

"Sup girl?"

"You are coming to the ball right?" I ask.

"Obviously. Why?"

"Do you have a date?"

"Nope, again why?"

"What are you wearing to the ball?"

"A Grey suit. Maya, what is with all these brief ass questions? It feels as if the police are interrogating me."

"You know about the ball not allowing stag entry, right?"

"Yeah, I decided on tipping my way inside the hall."

"Okay, you don't need to do that anymore."

"Why?"

"Because you are my date for the ball and you have no option but to agree to this."

"Oh, baby I would love this. So do I pick you up from your place or do we just meet there?"

"I'll be leaving Namjoon's in a bit so pick me up from my house in an hour and a half. Sounds good?"

"Hell yes baby girl."

"Stop calling me baby girl."

"Alright baby girl"

I roll my eyes and finally say," Alright meet you at my house. Kay' bye."

I cut the call and smirk, knowing that Namjoon is definitely gonna be pissed.

"Alright man, you look hot." I say to Namjoon as I enter his huge ass closet again.

"Huh, I know." Namjoon replies arrogantly.

"If we could keep the arrogance to the minimum then it would be much appreciated." I say in a very sassy tone. Namjoon just rolls his eyes. I swear his eyes are gonna get stuck because of the amount he rolls his eyes.

"So what are you gonna do about the whole date scenario?" He asks while carefully choosing through his collection of watches.

"Oh, I took care of it." I say with a big smile.

"That's good. Is it someone I know?"

"You'll see him at the ball which is exactly...." I pause to check my watch "....two hours later. So calm those namtiddies okay?" I say trying to stifle a laugh.

"You surely love my Namtiddies don't you?"

"Well yeah, your tiddies are the only ones who can be proper competition for me. And I'd love me some competition."

"Okay now get out of here you perv." Namjoon says laughing at what I just said.

"Bye. Oh and tell Hwasa I'm mad at her. Okay, bye" I finally leave his house.

This is what Namjoon wears