Chapter 19

Namjoon's POV

I don't know why but Yoongi looks and feels lost and distant today. He didn't react much when I informed him about Maya's apartment being fully ablaze. Did something happen between them that I don't know of? Moving that topic to the sidelines of my mind, we move to the actual topic that I came over to discuss.

"Bro, there is this company in India and we need to have proper ties with them in order to expand. We need international tie-ups man. We have tie-ups with the US and Japan so I was thinking if we join hands with them." I say.

"Okay, and how do you plan on doing that? I don't think they'll just randomly come to us with an offer. Do you have a plan?"

"Why the fuck do you think I have a 148 IQ? Of course, I have a plan. This dude, as in the head of the company, he dirty as fuck. I'm talking gold, drugs, prostitution, and shit along that line. He is dangerous and we need an ally like that. He's got power, resources, and everything we need." I say while Yoongi listens to me intently.

"Okay so mind sharing the plan with me?" Yoongi whines now. He's a whiny bitch but I like this bitch.

"I'll go up to him with Maya, formally, like as a potential business partner. Maya and I will try our level best to get him to join us. But if he doesn't, that's when Maya moves out and you step in. Then we'll do what we do best. Get dirty. " I say smirking.

"Isn't Maya going on her hiatus or whatever you called it? And what the fuck are you gonna make me do? I might be Bi but I'm not going to sleep with some dude for you to get an ally. And how the fuck do you know if he's gay?" Yoongi says frantically shaking his head indicating no.

"Would you calm the fuck down? First off, I don't know if he's gay or not, secondly, I won't make you sleep with some dude just because I know you are into both, and third, why the fuck does everyone jump to conclusions like that. Hell, let me finish what I'm saying. I thought you are one of the few rational people left in the world. Hear me out first." I can see him relax now. What on earth is going on with him? He's acting weird since yesterday. His behavior and the hangover are fucking up my brain.

"I'll take this deal up after she's back. You are going to conduct research and dig up whatever dirt you find on him. If he doesn't cooperate, we blackmail him into this. He is in, and our 'side business' is gonna be far more secured."

"Sometimes I wonder how do you even come up with these." He says slightly shaking his head.

"It's the 148 IQ acting up." I say cockily.

"Okay, bro. On that note, I have a horrible hangover so if you would please leave so I can sleep in peace."

"Why are you obsessed with sleeping?" I ask. I never understand why he always sleeps. It's like he either sleeps the whole day or sleeps around all night. Work comes in sometimes but that's okay cause he is one of the most efficient people I have ever seen. A few hours of him working can help us for a few weeks.

"Because it's peaceful. No one can annoy me when I'm sleeping. I can shut the entire world and its twisted drama out of my life for a few hours."

"Bro you good bro?" I ask, half sarcastic, half worried.

"Yes, I'm better than good now get out."

"Fine. Sorry. Bye." I wave at him one last time before exiting his house.

This reminds me of our childhood. Yoongi was extremely active when something was going on that intrigued him. Like a festival or a band playing or a show or something like that. But the rest of the time, I always had to drag his ass out of the bed to come to play with me. My aunt, Yoongi's mother, was barely present as she had to constantly travel all over the world because of work. His father ran out on them right after he was born and so he had kind of gotten used to being on his own. I always tried to keep him engaged with something or the other. Even though he's the older one, I took care of him like a little brother. I feel he needed that familial affection in his life to trust and open up to someone. I guess us playing together back when we were children made us, all three of us, including my two brothers, close to him enough to consider him as our brother.

I unlock my car and enter it when something caught my attention, or I'd rather say, someone. I see someone wearing a grey baseball cap, an extremely oversized white shirt, and black pants. A girl to be precise. She had her features similar to Maya. She was returning with a lot of bags like she went shopping and was headed towards Yoongi's house. I was shocked when she removed the cap.

It wasn't someone similar to Maya, it was Maya.

How the fuck did she know where Yoongi lives? Wait the fuck up. She's wearing his clothes. Yoongi is obsessed with FG. It's an oversized shirt from FG. I could feel my eyeballs almost pop out.

He was the someone she had when she found her house was on fire.

That explains him being nonchalant when I told him about Maya calling me and telling me about the hiatus that she's going to go on and about her house.

Well, shit just got interesting.