Chapter 24

Day of the meeting

Maya's POV

"Mr. Ray if you could just consider this once. We are the largest company in all of Korea and we are now expanding worldwide. We already have tie-ups with companies in Japan and US and we want to form a kinship with your company so that we can expand together in India." I and Namjoon say as we desperately try to grasp the deal.

"As tempting as the offer sounds, I think I would have to pass. My company has grown big enough in my country and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon. For now, I would like to keep the growth on hold. I'm sorry." Mr. Ray says in an utterly professional manner.

"Well, I guess that's a shame. Still, it was nice getting acquainted with you Mr. Ray" Namjoon says offering his hand. Mr. Ray shakes his hand and replies, "Likewise, Mr. Kim"

"Perhaps I could show you around Seoul tonight Mr. Ray, over some drinks and an informal dinner. You seem to be a great businessman and it's a shame we couldn't form a kinship but I would like you to meet my brother, who is one the business heads of this company, over dinner."

"Sounds lovely Mr. Kim. I look forward to it."

"I'll make the reservation at 8:30 and will send a chauffeur-driven car over to your hotel to pick you up," Namjoon replies. I am damn confused. Whenever we don't seal a deal, Namjoon doesn't even bother looking at the person again, but now he's taking this dude out to dinner and to meet with Yoongi? Strange. Something doesn't feel right about this.

After Ray leaves, I ask Namjoon," What was that?"

"What was what?"
"You, taking him out to dinner with Yoongi. You are never this hospitable to the people we don't seal deals with. What is going on?"

"That is going to be another attempt at getting him to accept the offer."

"Something is fishy. I can sense it."

"Whatever. I'll make sure I get this deal."

"Do what you want. You are the boss after all."

"I gotta go talk to Yoongi now. I'm heading to his home, need a ride?"

"Yes please."

"Okay come on.

After Namjoon drops me off at my place I head straight for the shower. It has been a long day. Getting all freshened up was something I definitely needed.

After a long relaxing shower, I decide to unpack the rest of my clothes. That is when I realized, I still have some of my stuff at Yoongi's. I dress up and head towards his place. I ring the bell quite a few times, knock on the door as well but it seemed like he wasn't home since there was no response. It then struck my mind, he and Namjoon were supposed to go meet Mr. Ray, although it's just 7:30. They probably left early. For moments like these, Yoongi gave me a spare key to his apartment. Boy surely does trust me a lot. I unlocked his door and went inside only to hear the soft voices of him and Namjoon. I ignore and go up to gather my stuff. Taking the remaining box I head downstairs towards the door when something caught my ear. I stopped walking and started eavesdropping. Their voices were a bit muffled because of which I couldn't figure out which voice belonged to who but I could make out what they were saying.

"........so you do have everything ready right?"

"Yes. Every drug cartel, brothel, smuggling mission that he has ever run is in this file and backed up in this USB. This blackmailing this dude into the deal should be a cakewalk."

"Okay, that sounds good. And from our side, if he needs assurance?"

"About what?"

"About our side business. Then what do we do? How do we show them that we are efficient enough in this too?"

"Don't worry. You know how every time we smuggle the gold bars and move them into the buildings, it's monitored right? Well, those footage are stored in a cloud application protected by an impenetrable firewall that Taehyung created. I got the video of one of the biggest operations that we carried out."

"I thought I was the genius. Turns out it was you all along."

"Okay now let's get going. Don't want to be late now do we?"

"Are the other five going to be there?"

"Obviously."

I hurry up and rush out of his house, trying to process what I just heard. Yoongi, Namjoon, all of them. All seven of them are involved in this. They smuggle gold on the side. Namjoon blackmails companies and their heads into allying with us. My head is spinning. This isn't right. I can't do this. I must have heard wrong. This isn't possible. Those seven boys are a few of the best people I have ever met. They can't be like this.

As soon as I entered my house, the box along with me dropped on the floor. I let out a soft sob as tears started flowing. Before I knew it I was curled up in a ball on the floor crying my eyes out. Thoughts about the day, me, my brother, and my mother were taken hostage were coming back like a train running at full speed.

Flashback

"Vincent, we have your wife and two children with us...... Yes, they are alive and in proper condition, for now. If you fail to do what we asked you to, you lose them......... well you should have thought about this before you decided to take one of our gold bars........ I don't give a fuck about whether it was for your family. It's none of my concern if your family is dying, what is my concern, however, are those gold bars, one of which you stole........... twenty-four hours and they are all dead." I could hear the one-sided conversation that the person holding us hostage was having with my father. This is crazy. I try to squirm out of the ropes that are tying me down.

Before I could even properly move, a muscular man, with a body like that of a wrestler, stood in front of me, delivering a sharp smack right across my face, making me spit out blood. But that didn't stop me from moving around.

Before I knew it, I was yanked up by my ponytail, and a cold metal came in contact with my forehead.

"Try to move once again and your family will see the remains of your brain on the wall and your limp pale body on the floor."

I felt my face go pale as pleads of mercy started spilling out from my mouth. I could feel the fatigue in my body as we were held and kept in the same position for the last..... seventeen or eighteen hours maybe? I lost track of time as I do not know how long was I passed out because of the chloroform that I was forced to inhale for roughly ten minutes.

"Maya, Jeremy, Rita, where are you? What have you done to them? You told me you wouldn't touch them before twenty-four hours passed and me not being able to give you the bar back." I could hear my father scream as he came, desperately looking for me, my brother, and my mother."

"Shut the fuck up. They are fine. Do you have the bar?"

"Yes, yes I do."

"Go on take your fuck up of a family and get the hell out. And come to the docks at 1 AM."

"Like hell, I would. I fucking quit this place."

"You'll regret it, Vincent. I know you will."

"Fine then make me regret, I'm not coming back ever again."

"I'll make sure of that Vincent Pavlov."

Later in the week, I went to the supermarket as we were out of grocery and I came back to witness my house and the people in it get blown up.