Chapter 12

Namjoon's POV

Guests have started arriving. All of my friends and brothers have arrived except for Maya. And well Yoongi too but it's his specialty to show up late. Maya isn't too late though so it's not that big a deal. I wonder who is she gonna end up bringing as her date Though. The dude did agree to it pretty fast. Is it someone I know? Does she have a boyfriend I don't know about? Wait why is this bothering me? I shake my head and concentrate on the beautiful lady that I have beside me for tonight.

The murmurs all went quiet as soon as a couple entered. And there she was. Maya. I was awestruck at the way she looked. Gorgeous would be an understatement. Her beauty was unmatched. I could see how everybody had the same reaction as me. Hwasa suddenly squeals," I know she's mad at me and stuff but oh my god my best friend is the hottest girl in the room." Her squealing broke the daze I was in and I finally noticed her date and when I did, I could feel an unfamiliar feeling in me. Kind of like a mixture of Anger and Jealousy.

Yoongi.

She came here with Yoongi.

Of all the people, she had to come here with the one person I asked her to stay away from. Hell, they even wore color-coordinated clothes. They look like a fucking couple. Why am I jealous all of a sudden?

I can see them come towards us. I feel awkward and out of place now? That's new.

"Hi there Namjoon. Hwasa." Maya says with a hint of annoyance directed towards Hwasa.

"Girl consolation dinner? I completely forgot to tell you about me coming as Namjoon's date. I understand you are mad at me and honestly, I wouldn't blame you. I would be mad too if I was in your place."

A hint of a smile can be seen on Maya's face as she says, " Consolation dinner it is. You are paying."

I try and ignore the fact that Maya and Yoongi kept on flirting the entire evening and were touchy with each other. I'm jealous more than worried. Why the fuck am I jealous?"

At the fag end of the evening that was the beautiful formal annual office ball, I see Maya get on the stage to give the closing speech.

"This ball was started by Mr. Kim since the very first year of this company. The purpose of this ball has remained the same for the last twenty years. To bring people closer and forgetting about the hierarchy present in the office. That is what this ball is all about. And I'm proud to say that the purpose is fulfilled every time. We come here, dance, drink, and talk our hearts out with everyone irrespective of their rank in the office. We all come one step closer to each other and that's what makes this company one step forward to a prosperous and brighter future. I hope everyone enjoyed their time here. The ball is hereby declared closed.

Everybody claps at her beautiful speech. But a pang of jealousy hits me when I see her get off the stage and hug Yoongi. Why is she hugging him? She should be hugging me instead. I was her friend first and she works with me. For me. Why is she with him?

I again get distracted when I feel Hwasa brushing up against me, Slightly tipsy. I can't even begin to imagine how hammered she's gonna be at the end of the night if she's already drunk here.

There will be an open bar with unlimited alcohol at my place. Damn, she'll need way more than just a consolation dinner to calm Maya down.

Organizing my thoughts, we all finally start heading towards the exit, to the afterparty where only a selected few and their close friends are invited. Why do I feel like it's gonna be shit dramatic this time though?

This is what Yoongi wears: