Chapter 3

Maya's POV

Did he just say that he was worried about me? I could feel my face heat up just by hearing this single line from him. I can't believe my brain actually skipped everything that he just said and focused on that one line. 'He's not interested in you stop overthinking about everything, you are his friend, of course, he would be worried about you!' my inner voice kept screaming at me snapping me out of my thoughts only to see Namjoon staring at me with a weird expression.

"Did you even listen to what I just said?" Namjoon asks. I stutter out of embarrassment.

"You seem to be completely out of it today but I'll let it go since you're having a shitty day. Are you carrying a change of clothes? Your skirt isn't ruined so that's a good thing but we need to change your shirt so do you have a change?" I shake my head indicating no.

I can see him slightly swear under his breath before he leaves me in the room alone. I just stand there dumbfounded. Being an overthinker, every single thing that happens leaves me to overthink like crazy. 'Is he really angry now? Did my unprofessionalism just piss him off? Did he leave for the meeting without me? That can't be it, his documents are still here.... What if I lose my job?' I cant feel my eyebrows furrowing due to worry.

"Stop worrying. I just went to get you one of my shirts." Namjoon says as he hands me one of his shirts. "This is gonna look massive on me; I'm really short and you are really tall remember? But thank you" I say as I take his shirt, appreciating his kind gesture. I look at the clock only to see it's almost 11 and our meeting is scheduled at twelve. I know 1 hour seems to be a long time but it's not enough in this case when you have to travel to the other side of the city and it takes a little over an hour to get there. "Holy shit we need to run to the car. NOW." I scream as he also realizes how late we are. He takes the necessary documents that I handed over to him some time back while I take his shirt, the car keys, our coffee, and we rush out.

He gets into the drivers' seat and I enter the passenger seat and he drives off.

He notices his shirt still in my hand and in a dominant tone slowly says "Change your shirt right now."