Chapter 2

Maya's POV

"Shit. Shit. Shit. SHIT. Of all days why today?!" I exclaimed as someone bumped into me and spilled coffee. Today has been a mess from the start. I got my period early, left my documents on my sofa, and had to go back again to get them, my car broke down (thankfully started back right then), and now this. Great. "Thank fucking god it was iced coffee or I swear I'd press charges. I don't care if it was an accident." I mumbled as I stormed out of the coffee shop, absolutely drenched in americano.

Today was an important meeting with the Officials of one of the biggest companies in the US and Maya had to be at her best from every aspect as she and Namjoon would be attending it. They needed this deal more than anything. Maya turned on the ignition and started driving towards her office mentally preparing herself for a lashing out from Namjoon.

Namjoon's POV

"30 minutes. She's 30 minutes late. This meeting is fucking important and she is 30 minutes late. She better have a really good reason behind this or I swear she'll get one earful from me. Is she okay though? She's never late. Why is she late today out of all the days she has ever worked for me?" Namjoon kept pacing across his room and groaned out of frustration. As if on cue, Maya entered their shared office room being a mess. 

" You better have a good enough reason why you are late today. You know how important this is. You are never late. You did not have to leave me all worried for you. And why on earth are you reeking of coffee?" I say without looking up as I start gathering my stuff.

 Upon getting no answer I look up to see a drenched and partly shivering Maya. My anger or whatever I was feeling vanishes and my eyes soften. Something must have happened to her; she has never been so disoriented.

"What happened Maya?" my tone is soft.

She finally looks up at me.

"I'm sorry I just- it's just 10 in the morning and today has officially been the worst day and to top it off, some dude spilled coffee on me." she finally says. I want to giggle but I don't because I know for a fact that she is furious about it.

"You can't go like that to the meeting you do know that right? I can't have my secretary attending this after showering with coffee." I joke to calm her down.

She has been working for this company from before I was appointed as the CEO by my father. She probably knows this company better than me and so I need her for guidance. She knows every nook and corner of the company building, every deal ever made, and everything about the employees. She has grown on me and definitely become one of my closest friends. It's a shame she doesn't know the doings of one of her closest friends though.