Chapter 31

Maya's POV

"Mrs. Kim.... Oh right, Namjoon told me you wanted to talk to me. Please come on in."

"Joonie, please excuse us for a moment, I'd like to have a word with Maya, alone." Namjoon took that as the hint and left us alone in the room.

Well, this is awkward. I have never been alone with her ever since I met her.

"Mrs. Kim-" "Maya-" we both say together.

"No wait Maya let me go first. I would like to apologize for my behavior. You have been very nice to me since the day I met you but I have been an absolute bitch. " I am a bit surprised, not going to lie. I never thought this would happen. I try and suppress my expressions and let her continue.

"After you left, well basically after I was unacceptably rude to you and you came here, Namjoon sort of yelled at me. After talking about our problem and everything, I felt extremely guilty for my hostile attitude towards you, and because of that guilt, I finally came clean in front of them about why my feelings for you are the way they are. And I think you deserve to know it too."

"Ma'am I-"

"Solar. Call me Solar from now on. Got that?"

I nod. She continues.

"Your father and I were together in our school days."

My eyes go as wide as my mouth which is hanging open at that one sentence.

"We were in love. But his marriage got fixed with your mother which caused us to part ways and right after our break up when I saw him with your mother, he looked so damn happy. It hurt me. It hurt me so much, because of which I held a grudge against your entire family. It was why I was hostile towards you. I know it's very very stupid, but I couldn't help myself. I understand if you do not want to see me or anything after this. I insulted you pretty badly out there and after Namjoon told me everything, about your conversation in the car with him, I realized that even without being present in the situation at that moment, you single-handedly might have fixed my marriage. The least I can do is swallow my pride and my feelings that I had for someone forty years ago and come clean with you so that we can start fresh, especially when I see my son be crazy whipped for you."

I blush at the last sentence that she said.

"You knew about it? About Joon's feelings for you?"

"I got to know about it in the recent past," I say, sort of uneasy because literally this lady and I had a falling out about two hours ago, I almost had sex in her house with her son roughly fifteen minutes ago, she confessed that she hated me because she and my dad were lovers and now she is talking to me about how her son likes me.

"Are you both together?" She asks with a soft smile.

"Uh no. No, we aren't together."

"Why? If you don't mind me asking.." She asks, now with a sort of worried look.

"Well uh how do I put it? I found out some things about him which I was previously not okay with and we have agreed to not move forward with our feelings unless I am completely fine with him getting involved in certain things." I say, mentally facepalming myself because I clearly revealed too much.

"Let me guess, the smuggling and money laundering?" She asks, now with a laid-back expression. I was shocked because I never thought that she knew and even if she did, how the hell did she guess it in one go?

As if she read my mind, she scoffs and says, "It was the only thing that made sense considering you lost your family because your father went down this road."