V5: Chapter 6 - For the Points

Start from the beginning

"You only ran 200 meters," I commented.

"Huh? Well, you know Kiyotaka not everyone does 100-meter in ten seconds without breaking a sweat!" she exclaimed.

"I did break—Wait Kiyotaka?"

She tilted her head.

"Yeah, it's only natural to call each other by our first names after the cruise. I'm trying to convince Yousuke-kun to call you by your first name as well."

Why am I the only one that doesn't get honorifics after his name, then?

"Well, I don't think we should do that without Ayanokouji-kun's approval," Hirata said.

"You can call me Kiyotaka, I don't mind. I'll call you Yousuke and Kei, though."

Kei nodded firmly while Yousuke smiled gently before his expression turned sourer.

"Aya—Kiyotaka-kun, what do you think of the festival?" he queried.

"Hmm. It's been pretty fun, I guess."

Kei snorted.

"I'm glad you're having a good time, Kiyotaka-kun but that's not what I'm referring to," Yousuke said wryly.

I frowned.

"If you want to talk about strategy I think you should consult with Horikita," I said.

"I'll do it. I don't want to make you participate or anything," he quickly clarified. "I just want to know your opinion before consulting with Horikita-san if you're okay with that."

I pondered on how to answer for a moment.

"Well, the groups formations are rather peculiar," I commented just as cheers were heard all over.

Apparently Nagumo had come in first place once again. Behind him, Kiriyama had gotten second place.

"If Class C getting most first places is peculiar then I agree," Kei stated sarcastically.

"It's not only that, but we're coinciding with all of Class B's best. Do you think it's possible ours and Class A's participation tables were leaked?"

I nodded.

"That's a possibility, although not the only one."

"What else could it be?"

"Maybe Horikita and Sakayanagi knew Class B's participation table and adapted ours like this to go against Class B."

Yousuke's face changed completely when he heard my reply as he looked to seriously be envisioning that possibility.

"But why are the best ones from Class C on the other groups then? I mean not even one of their physically capable students was in the same group as yours or Yousuke-kun's for example," Kei stated.

I shrugged.

"I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, I don't really feel like thinking," I apologised. "See if you can get more information out of Horikita."

Yousuke nodded before excusing himself and going towards the tent where Horikita probably was.

"I have the feeling that you understand exactly what's happening," Kei said.