Chapter 87

CHAPTER EIGHTY-SEVEN

WHEN we arrived in the University I was surprise to see a lots of students by now. The class is not yet opening but look at them. They are getting ready for the coming first semester.

"Damn, Manhattan College – School of Engineering, huh," basa ni Kuya sa pangalan ng school.

Ngumiti ako sa kanya at hinila siya sa kamay papasok sa loob. May iilang estudyanteng nakatingin sa'ming dalawa but we don't care. Nagpunta kami sa registration office kung saan namin nakilala si Mrs. Harriston, the head Mistress of the University.

"It's nice to know that, Ms. Anderson will study here. We have great offers for her," nakangiting wika nito habang naglalakad kami papunta sa faculty room.

"So... when this school is established?" tanong ni Kuya.

"The school build in eighties. We have fifty professors here to sustain our students. There's a different floor for different facilities. Like here in first floor, this is where you can find the libraries, cafeteria, and some garden to breath.

"The second floor to third is where you can find the classroom and laboratories. And you can find there some of the facilities students need to use for experiments. The fourth floor is for sports. Indoor sports to be exact. Plus the pool where our students wants to train.

"And of course let's not forget our field for outdoor games. We have free Wi-Fi for everyone. They can use it twenty-four-seven." Mahabang pagpapaliwag nito.

Nagkatinginan kaming dalawa ni Kuya bago huminto dahil naunang huminto ang Mistress. Nasa labas na kami ng University at nasa harapan na ng isa pang building. Nakangiting lumingon sa'min ang Mistress.

"This is our dormitory if our students want to stay here. She can or she can't have a roommate, it depends," anito.

Tumingin sa'kin si Kuya. "Are you okay here? Or you want to check other University?" he asked.

"I'm okay here," sagot ko bago tumingin sa Mistress. "I passed the exam, ma'am and they said my schedule will be given once I came here," pagpapaliwanag ko dito.

Namilog ang mga mata nito. "O really?! You are Ms. Klyzene Black Anderson?!" hindi makapaniwalang tanong niya.

I nod, "yes. I thought you know that already."

"O no. I don't! But now I do! You passed the exam and you got it almost perfect!" manghang wika nito.

Kuya frowned. "Almost?" nagtatakang tanong nito.

Head Mistress nod. "Uh-huh. She got ninety-seven correct score, there's only three mistake."

Nilingon ako ni Kuya. "Three mistakes?"

I pouted my lips before looking at him. "Ahm... I don't want to perfect it because they might think I cheated," mahinang sagot ko dito.

Hindi makapaniwalang tumawa ang lalaki na kinataka naming dalawa ng Head Mistress.

"O god! You are a smart girl, Klyzene. You should perfect it! But it's okay. You did your best anyway. I'm so proud of you," marahan niyang wika sa'kin.

I smiled. "Thank you."

****

"THEN I will see you next week school opening! You will loved here, Ms. Anderson and we will make sure you will learn here," nakangiting ani ng Head Mistress habang hinahatid kami ni Kuya paalis.