CH 29 Introductions

Start from the beginning

The burly man was sobering up a little now and was just annoyed by the fact that midget swordsmen were supposedly better than him. He was a Veteran B-class augmenter after all; I could imagine that was a pretty big source of pride for him.

The squeaky door to the pub opened and I dropped the fork that was in my hand as I saw two short figures entering.

"Well speak of the devil! The little midget swordsmen everyone's hyped up about are here! Where's your little guardian?" The burly man got up from his seat with a snide grin on his face, cheeks still red.

The very same masked swordsman, the one responsible for all of the crazy rumors...he was here in the flesh!

I saw Note's blue eyes underneath the mask with a blue quarter note on its left eye, and Felwinters blood-red eyes from underneath his White mask with 3 red slashes over its right eye. They look up at the burly man with an unknown expression. they were wearing simple black coats that came down to their mid-thigh, the hood on the coat covering up what the mask couldn't. If I were just passing by, even with a mask and two swords each, I probably wouldn't have noticed anything particular about him, but when you looked carefully, he was an odd sight. The masked figures stood at about 1.75m, which wasn't that tall. He had a very slim figure underneath his coat, which either suggested he was a normal person or a conjurer. Strapped behind note was a normal short sword and a sleek black stick on the bottom, Felwinter had a pure metal black sword on his hip with a great sword on his back and If I was right that was Abaddon.

After casting a glance at the drunkard that was calling him out, the masked man simply walked past him, uninterested, as if he wasn't worth the time.

"Hey bastards! Are you ignoring me? Just because you're a little famous for your bullshit rumors, you think you're better than me?" The drunkard hit his last straw as he unsheathed the giant sword from his back and held it above his head to swing down.

"C-Calm down! You know you're not allowed to kill someone in here!" I tried to quell the man, holding my arms up to stop his sword from swinging, but they didn't even turn back and just kept walking towards the front counter.

This pissed off the drunk even more as he augmented his body and sword, which both emitted a silvery glow, pushed me aside, and swung down at Felwinter.

A thundering explosion resounded, and I stared in horror, imagining the bloody corpse that was probably cleaved in two from the force of that blow. However, contrary to what I expected, the sword had stopped mid-swing, not by the drunkard stopping it but felwinter had caught it.

Everyone was silent, no we couldn't make any sound at all!?

"Note get the rations I got this."

Note nodded and walked up to the counter and continued his business, And felwinter released his sword making the man stumble back onto his ass.

I stood back up about to calm the burly man down from swinging again after noticing I could talk again, but when I turned to him, I saw that his face was twisted into a shocked, seething expression.

"GRAAH!" He swung his sword again, lifting it out of the small depression he had made on the ground. The customers that were seated in the dining room of the inn were all staring now, some even cheering for gore.

With mana reinforcing the burly man's body and his greatsword, no matter how drunk he was; his power and speed were no joke. He attacked with a flurry of swings that obliterated the wooden seats and tables in the way but no matter how much he had attacked, his sword always missed. The man's sword was met with empty air as the masked swordsman dipped and swayed to avoid everything. The crazy part though was that he didn't take a single step from his position.