Chapter 56 The potion

A/N the ingredients in () are the new ingredients if anyone is confused.

In the morning Dumbledore made an announcement saying "Professor Snape has returned, he won't be your potions Professor he's going to be your Defense of the dark arts teacher, but not for a week. Harry and Severus are on parents leave for a week. In other news our new potions teacher is Professor Slughorn. I hope you enjoy the new change, that's all." Harry and Severus looked at each other and said "I guess we have a week to get used to being parents and practice making the potion." Severus said "Yeah definitely, my problem is finding the ingredients." They both went to their room and wrote down the ingredients they need to find Ashwinder eggs.(Firedrake egg), Rose thorns(Thistle thorn), Peppermint oil (Lavender oil), Powdered Moonstone, (Powered Sunstone), Pearl Dust, (diamonds dust), Rose Petals, (Tulip petals) . Severus looked at the ingredients and said "The ingredients won't be too difficult to find but my only problem I see here is some ingredients are volatile to each other." Harry said "That is a problem but I thought if we make the normal potion then we know what the original ingredients are volatile then we can reverse the progress." Severus said "That's confusion but somehow I understand  perfectly what you are saying." They tried the way Harry suggested but it didn't work, the potion looked horrible. Snape said "Okay that definitely didn't work." Harry said "Yeah okay, I am flummoxed let's asked Professor Slughorn for help." Snape replied "Great idea." 

A moment later there was a knock at the door. Snape asked "You aren't expecting anyone are you?" Harry replied " no, but I know who's at the door my friends." Snape said "Okay allow them inside, I guess they want to meet the baby." Harry nodded and opened the door and said "Hey Hermione and Ron." Hermione said "Hey Harry, we are here to see the baby." Harry said "Thought so, follow me." They both followed Harry to the baby room.
Inside Hermione and Ron looked at the baby, Hermione said "She's adorable." Ron said "Wow, I was expecting a boy, but a girl that's pretty unique." Harry said "Yeah her name is Reid, if you wanted to know." Hermione pondered at the name and asked "Why name her Reid?" Harry laughed and replied "Well funny story, Reid here was a baby male deer and then she drank a potion and turned into a baby wizard girl." Ron and Hermione gasped and couldn't believe the story. Ron said "Harry potter, you are impossible." Harry said "Yeah, that's what I have been saying to myself." Hermione asked "how's the potion coming along?" Harry replied "At a stuck point." Snape said "Are you finished with your friends, we need to see Professor Slughorn." Harry replied "Just coming." Hermione and Ron exited the room and went to their next class which was transfiguration. 

Harry and Snape went and found Professor Slughorn. He was inside his old classroom and he had finished his class and was at his desk. They both walked up to the desk and Harry asked "Professor Slughorn, we have a problem on our assignment?" Slughorn looked at the two boys and said "Wow, the famous Harry Potter and my old student Severus Snape want me to help with a problem. Okay let me look at piece of paper." Harry handed over the paper, Slughorn looked at the paper and read the ingredients and what they tried and what's the original potion makes and he asked "You both trying to make anti love potion?" Harry replied "Yes sir, your old student called Tom riddle aka Voldemort has asked us, because he was conceived on a love potion."  Slughorn said "Oh my Merlin that's impossible and wow I had no idea, well my solution would be add all ingredients together but start with powered sunstone and firedrake egg then add rose thorns, then pearl dust peppermint oil  then mush in the two flower together then add lavender oil then add diamonds dust then thistle thorn then ashwinder egg and then finally the moonstone." Harry gasped in shock and wrote it all down before he forgot it and said "Wow that's perfect the final results means it won't be pink but grey right?" Slughorn replied "Yeah exactly right." Snape said "That's fantastic, wow Professor Slughorn you sure haven't lost your touch thank you." Snape and Harry rush to their room and did the potion exactly to perfection to what Slughorn said.