Chapter 40.

Hey Guys!!!!

The 40th chapter for the story.

I don't own Mahabharat.

Sorry for the late update.

Happy Reading!!

**********

-- flashback –

"Kush Manda represents Devi Parvati in her stage of discovering that she is none other than Maha Shakti. After their marriage, I myself made Parvati know the fact of her true existence. This form of her is known the world over as Kush Manda, as she holds within her, many endless powers of the world." Lord Shiva begins with his narration.

"I gave her clues and had helped her realize the fact that she's not just a human, she is a Goddess, who is the Mother of the World and all of creation, as she produced the three planes through her golden womb. She's that aspect of woman who brightens up the lives of those around her by her glee." Lord Shiva says and the kids were in awe at the last line, especially.

"Devi Kush Manda is credited with creating the world with her divine smile. Her name signals her main role: Ku means "a little", Ushma means "warmth" or "energy" and Anda means "cosmic egg"." Mahadev elucidates, explaining the two ten- year- olds.

"She is believed to improve health and bestow wealth and strength. Goddess Kush Manda has eight hands and because of that She is also known as Ashtabhuja Devi. It is believed that all the power to bestow Siddhis and Niddhis are located in her Jap Mala." Mahakal continues further informing the kids of the names and main powers of the fourth form of Nav- Durga.

"Kush Manda is of a gold complexion, with three peaceful eyes and a calm mien. She is adorned by ornaments on her limbs and was dressed in pink and yellow vestments." His eyes get a far- away look, as if he was remembering Devi Parvati in that form.
"
Kush Manda is depicted with eight to ten hands holding a trident, discus, sword, hook, mace, bow, arrow and two jars of honey (Elixir) and blood. Her one hand is always on Abhaya mudra from which she blesses all her devotees. She rides on a lion."

(A/N I messed up image of Chandraghanta and Kush Manda. I have corrected it now, go check that out for your better understanding.)

"It is stated that She created the whole universe, which is called Brahmanda (ब्रह्माण्ड) in Sanskrit, by just flashing little bit of her smile. She also likes Bali of white pumpkin known as Kush Manda (कुष्माण्ड)." Lord Shiva enlightens the kids, with the great knowledge only few people were aware about.