Chapter 31.

Hey Guys!!!!

The Thirty First chapter.

I don't own Mahabharat.

Happy Reading!!

**********

Karn POV

I flop, face first in the bed. The nightly walk and talk were substantial on me and my sweet- self.
I groan.

"Stop groaning, Karn."

"My back is hurting." I huff as I turn my head to her.

"Turn around." She orders.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Let me punch in your stomach, then it will hurt and you will forget about your pain in your back." She smirks.

"Aren't you just a ball of sunshine?" I ask sarcastically. She just snorts as she joins me.

"What has you so tense?" She says after a while in the silence.

"The conspiracies here." I shake my head. "I swear, they have such complicated packages. Everybody has their own whelps."

"You know that day when your father asked why I trusted my brother's thought, I was so surprised. I expected him to know about Keshav." She gives me a pointed look. I hum in agreement.

Even I expected that papa, must be aware of Damodaran's real identity. I mean after all that the kid has done. Seriously speaking, he is a kid, outside but inside the soul of Vishnu resides.
The ever intelligent, calm, caring person; the one who looks after everyone, cares for the benefit of the world and all.

Yes, we know about his identity. Now, that I think about it, I don't really know thin it was a simple slip of tongue that that caused it.
It was a fine day and we were in Dwarka when the two brothers were talking, beneath the balcony of our room. Or the room we were sitting in at that time.

Ugh!! I really need to calm my mind. Must start doing the yoga again.

You know as the new king of such a large kingdom, I have a lot of jobs to look in to. Of course, I have help from Ananya and Awasthi ji.

But when you plan to change almost everything, it's a little tough even with all the help. Plus, making people understand, why whatever I did was important. Why did I banish laws related to caste. Why I ordered the girls to be taught too. Why I wanted the women in my country to feel safe. Etc.
It's an endless list it seems. Especially now that I think about it like this.

But Ananya has been of great help. She understands, she gets what I do and why I do. She has similar ideas after all. We are like the two sides of the same coin. Same yet so different.

"Can't sleep?" I ask, my best friend beside me. I feel her shake her head. I turn to her. "Come here."

I open my arms and she settle between them, her face buried in my chest as I rest my chin on her black mop of hair, a top her head. She wraps her arms around my mid- torso and our legs entangled, as if on their own accord.

Relief flooding my body, as I find her against my body. We find solace like this, our childhood hasn't been the best and once all the secrets spilled for us, we were left broken. Unable to fix ourselves, so we helped one another to put the broken pieces together.

"Alright?" she questions.

I simply hum in answer as my body drifts away in to the deep abyss of sleep, the tiredness off the day heaving on me.