Chapter 20.

Hey Guys!!!!

The twentieth chapter.

I don't own Mahabharat.

Happy Reading!!

**********

Bishma POV

"You two seem close." I observe.

"We are." She nods. "I will say uncle, not the most ideal situation you may think but-"

I cut her off, "Idealistic situation is different for different people. My idealistic situation may or may not be his and vice versa."

"Krishna says, 'Intelligence of person can been understood with his first opinion on your condition.'." she quotes, looking at me thoughtfully.

"You believe him?" I ask.

"He is quite intelligent." She shrugs.

"But you are older." I question, wanting to know what she will say.

"Pardon me for my frankness, but you are older than Karn, yet he is better at fighting than you." She smirks.

"You believe that?" I question, mildly surprised at her declaration.

"I can swear my life on it." She says, her head high.

"So sure, of me losing?" I raise an eyebrow

"Uh- huh, sure of his skills and winning." I laugh. She is virtuous.

"I didn't know, Dwarka had another princess." I say and I see, from the corner of my eye, that Karn freezes.

"Not many people did." She says, her tone nonchalant but I am can see her tenseness in her hands and the way she doesn't meet my eye.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you survive?" I ask cautiously. "Only answer if you want to."

"I was replaced." She says, looking back at me.

"Replaced?"

"Hmm. the Dasi, who was helping Mata Devaki, had given birth to a boy few days ago. It was her ninth boy, plus the boy was blind. So, she replaced me with him. As also she said she always wanted a daughter." She answers.

Her eyes were trained on the clouds, at far out of the window, her body was at such angle that I could see her sideways.
Karn walks up to her and pull her in a hug, in which she instantly melts.

"I am sorry." I say, "I shouldn't have asked you.

"No worries, uncle. If it hurt much, I wouldn't have talked about it." She assures me.
"As also, the lady saved my life, how could I hate her?" She asks.