Chapter 6.

Hey Guys!!!!

The sixth chapter.

I don't own Mahabharat.

Happy Reading!!

**********

Third POV

In the Northern side of the big country, of Aryavarta, there was a very well- flourished land of Hastinapur. And this land was ruled by the Kuru family.
Currently, there was an act- on- king, Bishma. He was working under Raj- Mata Satyavati, the second wife of late King Shantanu.

Inside the flourishing palace of Hastinapur, there was a big area, that was dedicated to Lord Shankar, only. A very large, Shivling had been put in there.
Right now, two people were sitting in front of that Shivling, praying with deep dedication to the God of all Gods, Mahadev.

One of them was a man in his early fifties, while the other was a young boy of mere age six. Both had their hands folded in respect and their head bowed, as they chanted the Shiv Strotman.
What was most surprising was the calm and serenity that you could find on the six- year- old's face. It didn't look that he could be so young, neither by his physical state or by his mental state.

"Bless me, Papa." The young boy of six asks his father, once he is done with his offerings. He still hadn't stopped calling him that.

"Ayushman Bhava, Putra." The older man, identified as Bishma blessed his son. "Make me proud."

"Of course, Papa." They boy, as many of you guessed Karn, smiles at his father. His smile almost blinding the old man.

"You are embarking on a very difficult and important journey, Putra. If I could, I would never let you leave but this is important for you." Bishma told his son. "You should know one thing before you go."

"What Papa?"

"Two Things, first don't lie to Guru Parshuram about anything, just be you. Second, you should know the truth about your birth." Bishma sighs.
He knew the Karn would understand, Karn was far brighter than a normal six- year- old.

"What about my birth?" Karn asks confused.

"You are not my biological son." Bishma says, a little hesitantly not knowing the six- year- old's reaction.

"And that matters because?" Karn asks, his father looking at him inquisitively.

"Won't you mind that I am your adoptive father?"

"Are my parents here?"

"No" Bishma says, unsure of where this was going.

"For me, you are the one who has been with me always, so you are my parent and I don't care who gave birth to me." Bishma instantly pulled his son into a hug, hearing what Karn said. Karn returned the hug happily.

"Papa, you don't need to worry at all. I love you. You are my parent, were my parent and always will be my parent; nobody can change that fact." Karn tells his father proudly.

"You are so smart." Bishma chides, wiping his tears.

"Don't cry Papa." Karn wraps himself like a Kola around his father. Who simply laughs, running a hand on the boy's head.

"I won't son." Bishma says, when they pull away.

"I will go meet Dadi once, then will meet you at the stairs of the royal entrance." Karn takes off, the instant his father nods.