Chapter 3.

Hey Guys!!!!

The third chapter.

I don't own Mahabharat.

Happy Reading!!

**********

Third POV

What did he need to do?
Why did he only meet the baby and nobody else?

Was this a message of God?
But why would God, ask him to break his oath of celibacy?
Plus, why should the kid live a life serving some else?
Was this right in any way?

So, what should Bishma do now?

Abandon him? Like his parents did?
No, that is not right.
What could have this poor sole done that he needed to be abandoned?

So, what now?

"You need to think so much, Putra? I am disappointed." His mothers' voice broke him from his thought.

He looked up to see, that his mother, Devi Ganga was standing there in front of him. Looking at him and the baby in his arms.

"What are you talking about, Mata?" Bishma asks confused

"I am talking about your decision, Putra."

"But Mata, why?"

"What do you mean, by why?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Why me?"

"Because, maybe the gods are the ones that chose you." Devi Ganga shrugs.

"But I am a celibate, Mata. Why should I be put in such a dilemma?" Bishma questioned the destiny again.

"Celibate means you won't marry, Putra, it doesn't stop you from raising somebody." Devi Ganga explains.

"But Mata-" He tries to protest. But is cut off by his mother.

"What problem is there, Devrat?"

"Him... me... baby... celibate..." Bishma starts to mumble words, here and there in no particular order and sense.

Devi Ganga sighs, this is tougher than what she thought was.

"Bishma" Devi Ganga touches her son, instantly drying him off. "Come here."
She makes him sit on a stone while sitting in front of him.

The baby in Bishma hands, relaxes even more, once Bishma is dry. The feeling of having the baby in his arm was not strange or foreign. It felt, right.

"He is a Kshatriya, Putra. And his life is difficult, I will say this much. But you should be there to help him."

"Why me, Mata?" Bishma asks. "Why not anyone else?"