•brooms & bitches•

-
d.diggory's POV
-

I would love a reminder as to why I play quidditch.

Oh right, I'm an idiot.

I woke up this morning knowing that I was excused from every class because I had to run tryouts. Aside my pounding headache from last night, I couldn't remember how I got to my dorm or even in pajamas.

Or what I consider pajamas; James gray sweatpants and his quidditch sweater. I still don't know how they smell of him this strongly but I won't stay on details as I miss him so much.

I walked over to my desk and got out a piece of parchment. I dipped my quill in ink and wrote down;

Today's goal~ Don't think about Prongs

I underlined it a few times before folding it and putting  in my pocket. I could probably get away with wearing the sweats, no one will know their his. I took off the Red and yellow sweater and put on the green and silver that I called my own.

I kept s the sweats on and put my hair up in a low pony tail, a few curls out infront of my face. I put some aviator sunglasses Sirius bought me for my birthday and I walked out of my dorm into the hallway.

No, I am not a coward I simply haven't been into the common room since James ended things cause I don't want to see him. Yes, I have been using the Prefects bathroom- but only cause hogwarts is too lazy to change the password every year.

I walked to the great hall and strode all the way up to the teachers table. I said my good mornings and then I stood on top of Dumbledore's seating plate, placing my wand to my larynx to great a microphone effect.

"Good morning Slytherins, today is quidditch tryouts. It will be all day and everyone between the years 3rd to 7th can tryout. This year along with our team of 6 we will have 2 spares. 1st and 2nd years are allowed to watch in your lunch hour. Tryouts will begin after breakfast till 5pm. You will be called down by year." I said and Slughorn laughed as Dumbledore made annoyed sounds.

"Oh and if you doubt me you will be made to regret it, thank you bye." I said and I jumped off the table. "Miss Diggory was that nessecary?" Dumbledore asked me. "Yes, sir. Have a nice day." And I ran out. As I walked I bumped into someone.

"Oh I am so sorry I didn't see where I was go-" and then I stopped talking to look at the red haired, bright green eyed, freckled girl standing before me. "I don't feel sorry anymore." I said dusting myself off and walking away.

"Diana, I'm sorry-" and I stopped her. "Are you sure you don't wanna use the word whore? It's the word you used to help me welcome in my 17th birthday or what about slut. I heard that one a lot but behind my back." I said and turned around.

"I deserve that." She said and played with her hands, a mannerism she did when nervous. "No, because this is me being tame and tact." I said and she gulped. "We were best friends for 5 years, what happened?" She asked me quietly.

"You dated a guy who deserved the world and then gave him shit. You cheated on him with a greasy haired blood supremacist. You made Marlene ashamed to be herself and stay in the closet. Oh and even better, you caught Liam cheating on me and didn't tell me back in fourth year." I said to her and something cracked.

"You weren't a good friend either, you had a crush on my boyfriend when we were dating and you kissed him." She said. "He kissed me and yes. I was practically in love with him but I did absolutely nothing because he was yours and your happiness mattered more to me then anything else. Next time you want to compare selfishness; do it with a mirror, whore." I said and kept walking.

"Fucking hell." I whispered and wiped me eyes from under the sunglasses. Fuck. You can't cry today, Diana, you have to be the most intimidating you've ever been. I kept walking and wiping my eyes. I hadn't seen Lily since last school year and I don't like to.

Merlin, fuck, don't cry it's Lily Evans she's not worth this and Fuck- "I am so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going, this hasn't been my morning-" and the person I ran into rudely stopped my train of thought.

"Don't worry, love. It's alright, no blood no foul." Is today designed to make me breakdown?! "I like your pants." And he simply stared at me with a small smiled. Oh shit have I been staring at James with my mouth open this whole time?! Speak idiot!

"Thank you, again sorry for bumping into you. I have to go." I said and I put my hand on his arms before I passed but he placed his hand over mine. "No problem, you know I like it rough." He said and winked at me before walking away.

NOTES:

Tryout- high intensity practice drills & one scrimmage

8:50am- 3rd years.
-Lorelei plays a good offense
-Phelps can't aim for shit but nice
-Carrow is AGGRESSIVE

10:30am- 4th years
-Greengrass flirts too much with her broom shaft
-Bullstrode is on thin ice
-Can Corner even fly a broom?

12:10pm- 5th years
-Lestrange is very average but not bad
-Belby plays good defense
- Turpijin will be a great cheerleader (Merlin awful)

2:10pm- 6th years
-Crouch Jr. = Vinnie's replacement
-Black = future capatain
-Clearwater has no right to play beater (wtf)

3:20pm- 7th years
-malfoy, flint, Pucey, & Montague need conditioning
-Nott needs more target practice
- Yemaya can play; should've tried sooner

Ok. Now just make the list. It's not that hard.

Slytherin Quidditch team 1978-1979:
Captain: D. Diggory
•Regulus Black
•Finneas Flint
•Lucius Malfoy
•Vincent Montague
•Nathaniel Nott
•Marius Pucey
Spares: Lorelei Shafiq, Barty Crouch Jr.

I rolled the parchment in my hands and began walking to the great hall. Dinner started 10 minutes ago so I should have all the attention. Terrific this is just peachy. I walked in and walked up to Dumbledore's seat and his smile dropped.

He knew that a swarm of people would erupt from his right and sprint to wherever I pinned this poster. And I chose in front of his seat at the teachers table. I stepped away and gave the slytherin table a quick nod.

"Fuck"

"Bloody hell"

"Aw shit"

"Motherfucker"

"Merlin's beard"

"Ahhhh"

Ah. This is why I play quidditch.