•babe & bubbly•

•an insight in the overthinking mind of Cupid•

-
r.black's POV
-

"We are calling it operation EVANS." I told James as he sat across from me at the three broomsticks. And he choked on his butter beer. "Careful, your girl might realize you refuse to miss a performance." I said and smirked. It's odd to see someone actually love her other then me and mean it.

"I just really like her voice, nothing more." James said but he couldn't take his eyes off of her. I love Diana like a sister of not more because she was a bubbly constant.

She also was the only person to know and understand how much I miss my brother. I love Sirius but he thinks I'm the boy out parents tried to make him. Which isn't something I want to become. He protected me when we were younger and then he abandoned me.

"So why are we naming this after my ex?" James asked. "It's an acronym but that name would also work." I said and nodded. The look on James' face could parallel a blobfish. "The 'E' stands for-" and he cut me off. "Enemies to lovers slow burn with smut." And he leaned forward and snapped his fingers.

"I don't want to even ask- are you okay, James? Like genuinely what is going through your head to say that in fucking public?" I asked him and he made a confused expression, "Those were the type of romance novels she read, so step off- actually don't. I need your plan." James said. "Good boy." I said and smirked and he looked shocked.

"How much did Diana tell you about our relationship?" He asked me while turning the same shade of red as a tomato. "She speaks in only graphic detail." I told him and in a way I didn't know was possible, he blushed more and flustered. "She tells me nothing about that, lover boy. Ok? Now back to my plan-" and he cut me off. "Shhhh she's starting." He said and held his finger to his lips.

She tumbled on stage placing a large glass of alcohol on the stool beside her. She nodded to her guitar man and she grabbed the mic, carefully moving her hair back.

"There's a place, where lovers go to cry their troubles away. And they called it, lonesome town. Where the broken hearts stay."

"What- how did you break up with her?" I asked James and he sighed, "I told her I wouldn't date a liar because she was keeping something from me in order to keep me safe." He responded while never taking his eyes off of her.

"Going down to lonesome, to cry my troubles away."

Fuck, ok. Regulus you can't tell him the truth- Diana has to but she's too damn stubborn. "Ok so the E stands for Evidence." I said and his eyes darted to me quickly then back to his girl. "What?" He asked confused while watching her. "Well I would say E is for eventually but you have no patience and we are slightly time sensitive." I spoke and he sunk in his chair.

"Evidence?" He questioned. "Yes evidence that you still care for her. Like slowly starting being her friend and being kind." I spoke and he gave me a death stare.

"Part of your plan to get me in the friendzone?" He asked with his arms crossed. "The V is going to stand for valid. You invalidated her feelings and security so you have to give those back." I said and his eye almost twitched.

"You can buy a dream or two. To last you all through the year. And the only price you pay, is a heart full of tears."

"And the A?" He asked. "Oh that will be the hardest one for you. Don't be an Asshole. The A is for assholeless." I responded and his face contorted into a frown. "Your getting too much enjoyment from this, Black." James said and looked back to the stage.

"In this town of broken dreams, the streets are filled with regret. Maybe down in lonesome town. I can learn to forget."

"I fucked up. I fucked up bad regulus." He told me as he listened to the beautiful girl in blue on stage, gripping her microphone for stability as her pain relieved at the price of her liver. "I know but we can fix it." I said and he smirked slightly, it was an innocent hidden smile.

"N is for two things." I said and he nodded his head.

"Never hurt her again and Noble. You won her somehow and I guarantee it was that favor thing she wouldn't shut up about. 'Reggie he kissed me to get back at Liam' or "Reggie he punched Liam for me' because James, you won her heart somehow so just repeat." I said and he nodded firmly.

"Going down to lonesome town, where the broken hearts stay."

She finished the song and left the stage. We saw her move behind the bar and get into an argument with Ted as he wouldn't give her more bourbon. She stormed to the back room because Ted wouldn't let her walk back to Hogwarts in her slurred condition.

"And S?" James asked me drinking his butter beer. "Save her. The last step." I said and he looked confused. "From what?" He quickly followed up.

"I'm afraid that's only something she can tell you." I said to him and stood up with my things. "Good night, potter." I said and walked to the door. When he though I was gone I stood at the window of the bar. I watched him walk to her.

James carefully slid his arms around her and carried her out of the back door. And when I made headway to the castle I could set the figures in front of me. The figures of James in a thin button up shirt, carrying a passed out Diana who was wearing his coat, scarf, and hat.