•smokes & sin•

-
d. diggory's POV
-

I have a plan you know.

A really, very good plan.

I'm simply avoiding James Fleamont Potter till the end of time. This is the result of pouring my heart out to him in an abbandoned hospital wing when I was so sleep deprived I couldn't keep a secret for the life of me.

Diana, you fucking idiot you don't tell your ex that you love him when you never did that in your relationship. That's what I've been screaming in my head all day which was then followed by, well he said it back dumbass.

At least I have work, I can avoid him at work. Ted's gonna rip me a new one. Andy better play devils advocate when they gossip about me if not I'll cry. Well more I mean, I'll cry more.

I walked into three broomsticks wearing the regular blue dress and a much needed amount of makeup making me seem less sad- didn't work but I'll be on stage no ones staring that close thank Merlin.

"Morning Tonks."

"Diggory #2, it's 3 in the afternoon"

"Painfully aware now but I'm sorry I couldn't come in yesterday I was injured."

I said and placed my coat on the hook of the back room. Ted stood with his hands on his waist, staring me down. His eyebrows were raised and his eyes were narrowed at my face, "You're not Diana." He said and walked away.

"What? How have you come to that conclusion?" I asked him and he looked at me, "You actually took care of yourself and Andy thinks you need a new look." He said and hands me a hanger with a flowing yellow dress.

"This- ok whatever as long I get paid."  I said and went to the loo to change into it and Ted then punched me on the stage. Not a large crowd but I did spot Remus. And he was drinking a butter beer and reading a book.

I nodded at the the drummer to follow my lead and hopefully this worked. I smiled and took a deep breath.

"Oh Remus you so fine you so fine you blow my mind! Hey Remus! Hey Remus!" I clapped my hand along side the mic.

He looked up from his book and was a blushing mad.

"Oh Remus you fine you don't understand"

The drummer and bassist followed and I danced along.

"You take me by the heart then you take me by the hand."

The room started to gain more people and I saw Sirius at a table alone, just entering the three broomsticks. I waved him over to the stage and he simply stared so I jumped down and led him to the stage to share the mic.

"Oh Remus what a pity you don't understand"

I started leaning towards Sirius then back while singing and he did the same. He also starting joining in with the song as well.

"You take me by the heart than you take me by the hand"

Sirius was enjoying this quite a lot and then we starting jumping up and down for the next part before finishing up.

"Oh Remus you so fine, you so fine you blow my mind hey Remus, hey Remus!"

When we finished he looked at me smiling and kissed my cheek before walking off and as I left the stage for water and so the band could break I spotted James near the door, looking upset. I looked at him and he proceeded to walk out, shoving the door with his shoulder. Why is my guy, upset?- I mean friend- fuck it.

I took a sip of the water, "I'll be right back." I said to Ted and he nodded before going to the band. I walked four of the three broomsticks and wrapped my arms around myself as the winter winds started coming in. I turned and saw James leaning against the wall.

"Are you alright, Prongs?" I asked him and he didn't even turn to look at me. "Just need a smoke." He said and placed the cig in his mouth, "Needed to blow off some steam." He said in a cold tone, poison coating his words.

"Those things are horrid for you, ya know." I said moving towards him. "Yup." He said still staring ahead, popping the p sound in his words. "I don't know why you find those vile things, I've never tried one." I said and inched slightly closer.

He inhaled more from the cigarette before removing it from his lips, keeping it between his index and middle finger on the hand farthest from me. He turned his head to face me before CATCHING ME OFF FUCKING GUARD.

In one swift movement, James angerly pulled me into a kiss with his free hand on my neck. Pushing me against the wall, leaving me breathless. When he pulled away my eyes were still closed. I was still dazed when I opened my eyes against the wall, I opened my mouth to take a breath and as I did so. Puffy white smoke came out.

"See." I heard him say next to me. "Now you've tried it." He said and I rolled my head to see him slightly smirking  while placing the cigarette between his lips.

He still seemed frustrated overall but his overlying cockiness and who lifted his mood. "I think I'm gonna go." I said. "Mhmm." He said. "I've got work." I said. "Yep." He said quickly. "I should go." I said and he asked, "Can you?"

"I should." I said looking at the ground. "Don't think you can, love." He said. "Why?" I asked him confused.

"I've seemed to leave you weak in your knees."

"Oh shut up."

"Make me."

I grabbed the cigarette from his lips and placed it in mine. He turned to look at me unimpressed. I spit it out and stomped on it before smiling and going back inside the three broomsticks,

"We're not done with this." He said as I opened the door.

"And we won't be for a long time." He finished and started walking in from behind me.

Well my plan is out the fucking window.