•disguises & dismounts•

-
d.potter's POV
-

Waking up to the sun shining on your face is the best feeling in the world. Currently I was waking up to the sound of snoring coming from a very heavy weight on my chest, attempting to prevent me from breathing. I rubbed my eyes from sleep to see my husband peacefully asleep on top of me.

There was no way out.

I reached my hands behind me to grip the bed frame and shimmy out but my plans were foiled as a muffled noise escaped him. "Mhmmmm." Spilled from the over grown man child as his grip grew tighter around me. Now I was in the danger zone of waking up Bambi.

It had been 2 weeks since the "Dora date accident" entitled by James and it had made us spend much more time in this bed. No dates out or even around the castle because professor riddle was oddly quiet and we were oddly suspicious at our less than attention seeking attitudes.

The Dora date incident will forever be the most terrifying moment of my married life. I'm never testing out products for my father in law again nor listening to my husband when he calls a plan full proof- I already knew that but ignored my better judgment as of course I'm seventeen and married.

Sirius and Remus keep asking James about Cordelia and when I'll get to meet her, judge her, make fun of her, and even beg in who would win in a fight between me and um me, not that they know that. I personally think that I'd beat Cordy's ass but anyway it's Halloween and Marli wants to meet Monty.

Marlene will tear 'Monty' to shreds.

We don't even have a plan for creating Monty but that was the only thing pulling through my head as I was being suffocated by a human sauna. And he kept twitching. It was taunting as he slightly moved, making me think he would wake and I'd be free but no.

I pulled myself up further and then threw myself off the bed. I made a slight thud but I bolted to my room and got into my own bed. Remus had this thing where he'd use his spare key to the heads dorm to wake me up so we could get coffee and walk around the grounds before breakfast.

My only hair amiss this particular morning was that I was beat by Remus entering my room. He witnessed me climbing into my bed and pretending to sleep from a chair off to the side my desk, while I was completely naked.

"Well someone's Halloween is already off to a happy start huh Ranger." Remus spoke before taking a slow and obnoxious loud sip of his coffee. "Good morning, Moony." I said as I pulled the comforter over my face in attempt to hide my embarrassment.

Fuck, the plans are foiled. The secret is out, he's gonna notice my ring and how I came from James room and how- "Another fun evening with Monty, I take it." The smugness dripped off of his voice. It didn't sound mocking either.

"Yeah, just apparated back. Thought I'd beat you." I said with a half truth. Remus smiled, "So am I gonna meet the mysterious boyfriend?" He asked moving his eyebrows up and down. "No, have you even met Cordy?" I rebutted and my words struck a chord in his head.

"Ooh has your old flame talked to you about his new love match?" Remus asked slightly shocked. "We we still friends at the base level, Lupin. But I have met her and Jamesie has met Monty. They are close like this." I said holding up my left hand and crossing my middle finger with my index finger. Remus' eyes flickered from playful to serious for a moment as he took in that information and then his mouth went slightly ajar.

"I haven't brought this up since the vow but does it hurt? Who am I kidding, I know it does. You think you're protecting him and now you've seen the process of him stop loving you." Remus exasperated.

It felt like a million pins hit my skin as he said those words. "I mean it must have been a slow fall. You were so in love with each other that the air turned sweeter when you were next to him and now, what D? Your fucking this guy to get over James cause he's dating Cordy?" Remus asked.