•wife & wed•

-
j. potter's POV
-

I sprinted through hogsmeade.

Completely unplanned too.

I shouldn't of walked directly to high street, to knock on Madam Rosemerta's jewelry store and buy two rings. I shouldn't of stolen a ring off Diana's finger to get her ring size. And I most certainly shouldn't of done this without a plan.

I left high street with two gold bands in my pocket and crossed my arms over my body as the winds blew. Well Diana thinks I'm in a jealous rage but all I was trying to do was find an excuse to take her ring off. Brilliant James just fucking brilliant. How am I going to bloody fix this.

What do I say?! 'Hey love, I know we aren't even dating again but will you marry me? I love you' I sound like a sodding maniac. Merlin. I walked back to the three broomsticks and I- I don't have the courage to open the fucking door, this isn't me? James just pull the handle.

Pull the handle.

"Excuse me, lad." An older gentleman said to me and I opened the door for him. And then I held it for a woman who walked out of the establishment. And then a couple who came in. And then the same older man who went in. I held the door open for about a dozen people after that.

Brilliant, I've become a porter.

It's freezing and dark and I still haven't went in. I see the figure of a woman coming to walk out so I hold the door from her. "Thank you, have a good evening." I heard her say as she passed. Wait I know that voice, that's- it's not or nothing James. "Diggory wait!" I called out and ran after her. "Oh James you waited all this time?" She said soft spoken as she always did after her work.

"Of course I wanted to talk to you about something." I said and grabbed her hand. "I'd it about how cold your hands are?" She retorted. "Not it was about us." I corrected and she squeezed my hand slightly, "And what about us, Potter?" She spoke with a slight chuckle. Exactly that.

"Actually I hoping to have this conversation somewhere else." I said and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Yeah I assumed as we are walking toward the pitch and not our dorm" she said and I swung over my shoulder to walk through the bushes.

My hands on her hips and but for stability, "Watch the hands, Potter!" She croaked out laughing. "I would thats would mean I let go of your ass." I jeered and laughed.

I set her down on the pitch between the gryffindor and slytherin stands. I knelt down to help her up and while she was standing and fixing her dress she didn't notice me still kneeling holding her ring. When she finally finished she looked up and didn't see me but before her gaze landed on me she spoke, "James what are you still doing on the floor- oh fuck." That last part was when she saw the ring.

"Will you marry me, Diggory?"

"Yes, I will marry you, Potter."

"Can't say that anymore when you become one."

I slid the ring on her finger and then when I stood up I also have he the other one I had taken as a reference. "Fuck you, I thought I lost this one." Diana whined and shoved me slightly. "I can take the other one back-" I began to say. "The fuck you do." She spoke worriedly as if I would.

"Thought so." I said and laughed. "So when are we getting married?" She asked. "Are you free tonight?" I asked her and she blushed mad, "Yes I am.

✨🪄🔮🪄✨

"What the fuck do you want it's the middle of the night- oh of course it's you too." Regulus said after we knocked on his door, extremely persistently. "We need your help and you can't ask questions." She said.

"Did you finally kill McLaggen because I have the spell we talked about for the body ready?" He asked Diana. "No it's not that but we need a witness." She said. "Oh fuck for what?" He asked and then he narrowed his eyes to me.

"Come in, Potters." He spoke.

✨🪄🔮🪄✨

"Ok let's get this over with. Today on October 13, 1978 you two are completing the sacred marriage vows. Which of course you two would choose to do this on a Friday the thirteenth." He said annoyed.

"Place you wand in your right hand and over your betrothed heart." Regulus read allowed the instructions from his ministry book. "Now the groom say your full name and what your doing." Regulus spoke and looked up at me.

"I, James Fleamont Potter, vow to be your husband and love you endlessly till death do we part." And golden sparks flew from the tip of my want through Diana's chest.

"I, Diana Cordelia Diggory, vow to be your wife and love you boundlessly till death do we part." She said with the smile and the same sparks flew from her wand into me. It gave my lungs the feeling of warmth.

"I now pronounce you, Mr and Mrs Potter. With the power of being the necessary witness for this to work." Regulus said and closed his book. Diana and I moved our wands and then placed the bands on our fingers. I pulled her in for a kiss and before anything else could happen Regulus kicked us out of his dorm.