•lycanthropy & loneliness•

-
d.diggory's POV
-

Today's classes went by quick as I had one thing on my mind. I kissed James fleamont Potter and I liked it. What the actual hell is wrong with me?!?

"Hey I can't hang out tonight, I'm busy." Remus said as we walked to dinner. "Ok." I said and before I turned to head my separate direction Remus pulled me back, "What?" I asked him.

"You aren't- you're not to mad at me?" Remus asked confused. "No of course not." I said to him smiling. "But why? I just canceled our plans?" He said concerned. "Remus, I am with you almost every moment of every day and I'm not complaining but you didn't blow me off so I get it, I'll see you tomorrow." I said to him. And he smiled.

"Oh and if you want a chance with Dorcas I'd suggest letting go, rem." I whispered to him and we laughed as we parted ways.

"So Severus you up for star gazing?" I asked Snape looked startled. "No, I have potions work to study." Then looked at my face and said, "Sorry, D" and I smiled at him. "Oh no worries Severus." And then continued to eat.

When I walked back to my dorm but I had to be cautious. I read the book I had taken from the library about how to become and animagus until midnight when I knew even Argus Filtch went to sleep. I put on some trousers and my quidditch sweater but rolled out my sleeves and grabbed and hand full of floo powder. "Hagrid's hut." Announced and knew I'd be safe. Hagrid had a meeting with Dumbledore door so I was safe.

I made my way to the whomping willow and went through the branches until I had entered a room. It was of an abandoned house but isn't possible that would mean I'm in- no, I can't be- I'm in the shrieking shack on- on a full moon. So I carefully went to what remained of the front porch and stargazed as planned.

There was Regulus, the brightest star in the Leo constellation then Orion's Belt and the Canis Major. Where the brightest star remained, Sirius. I had muffled shouting in the middle of my stargazing to see James pulling Severus away from my direction and eventually dragging him back to the castle. I can't believe we were almost done with out fifth year and those two have hated each other since first over a perfect little red head.

I'd say James and Severus were tied in that battle; one was a complete and utter annoyance to the girl and the other was more like a brother then a friend. Oh how I pitied them. Lily has had two crushed during our entirety at hogwarts.

Remus Lupin and Vincent Montague.

She liked good ole Vinny because we read Romeo and Juliet together. I was disgusted and intrigued by Romeo's decision making process while Lily was in love. She wanted to be someone's Juliet, to be a Montague and so she projected her feelings onto whoever held that name in our reality.

I checked my watch to see that there was about an hour until the sun came up and so I walked back into the shrieking shack. But I was met with a werewolf.

Covered in blood from self inflicted scratched and a bloodlust in his eyes that would make me his early morning breakfast. I was utterly frozen.

It panted and refrained as I stood completely still. A statue made from steel had a better chance of moving than I did. And the werewolf began to turn away until a branch cracked and I flinched so I ran. I ran through the shrieking shack and roots of the whomping willow until I fell and it scratched my right forearm from the beginning of my wrist to the end of my elbow and it stung.

While it was distracting from my blood I ran to the abandoned porch and saw the sun rising and I had nothing left. I was grabbed and I held onto whoever grabbed me for dear life and there it was, the cologne smell from the amortentia. "Diggory, you owe me three now." He chuckled out. "Potter thank you much." I said hold onto him and my body decided to give out. I saw the beast come running at us in the corner of my eye and pasted out. Everything went pitch black.