•quidditch & quartets•

-
d.diggory's POV
-

"Everyone! Welcome to the Pitch the Gryffindor Quidditch team!" Molly Prewitt's voice rang through the stadium. I began putting up my hair and turned to my team.

Nathaniel Nott, Regulus Black, Marius Pucey, Finneas Flint, Vincent Montague, and Lucius Malfoy, "Ok so remember the drill from last practice and as always, if you get Potter on the sand you get an excused practice." I said and in response was all of them laughing with Lucius giving a low chuckle.

"Anything else to add?" Lucius asked raising his brows and smiling with Nathaniel getting exciting, "Leave your mercy in your back pocket, we win at whatever cost." I said then got on my broom. "Yes, captain." Was said by the melodic voices of them listening to me.

Once the crowd's cheers for our opponents finished, Molly Prewitt's was able to be heard again. "James Potter, Captain and chaser." And he flew out. "Gideon and Fabian Prewitt, beaters" and then her brothers flew out in position. "Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, the chasers" As they flew out in position, Sirius winked at Marli or as everyone else called her, Marlene McKinnon.

"Manwhore." Regulus had said causing Vincent and Nathaniel to hold each other laughing. Molly continued with, "Peter Pettigrew, keeper" and the larger boy got into position. "Oi Peter! How do you stay up in the air with all that meat on your bones!?" Marius yelled out and various glares were sent out way. "Virgin Mary, if you want to play, I'd suggest you apologize or I will replace you." I said without turning around to face him.

Finneas groaned, "C'mon what happened to no mercy?" He begged and my ban of idiots agreed. "What happened to the respect your mother forgot to teach you?" I said just as Molly began to speak, Lucius and Regulus began to laugh. "Frank Longbottom, Seeker" and as the crowd cheered I said. "Boys, if we don't win this, you won't be able to walk in the morning." I said then Molly started.

"Now welcome the Slytherin Quidditch Team!" Her unbias brought me joy but my anxiety wasn't eased in the slightest. With many cheers and boos I popped my neck. "Diana Diggory, Captain and Beater!" I only received one boo. From no other then James Potter.

Oh how I loathed him.

His team cheered for me and so did Lily Evans, Marlene McKinnon and Severus Snape. Lily was one of my best friends, we sat in the same compartment on the Hogwarts express our first year. She was the apple of James' unuseful eye. And I despised him as he did me. I had known Sirius and James since we were 8.

Sirius' parents had a tradition of throwing parties, inviting every pureblood family they knew to these "balls" or "banquets" because they believed in blood status. James disliked me because he believed I was determined to steal Sirius from him.

And I grew I large distaste to him for what he did to me at one of these parties. As the muggles would call it or cultured muggles who read books. He pulled a Carrie. No eleven year old needs that before starting school.

"Marius Pucey, Finneas Flint, and Nathaniel Nott, chasers." Molly called out with many shouts of uncertainty. "Lucius Malfoy , beater." Molly received a very loud boo from Pettigrew for that name. "Vincent Montague, Keeper" and finishing us off with little Black, Molly shouted, "Regulus Black, Seeker!"

I turned to see Sirius' expression towards his brother and he had a proud but cunning smirk on his face. When he noticed that I saw his reaction he had a kind smile to me and winked so I bit my lip and winked back.