•idiots & irritating•

-
j.potter's POV
-

"I'm sorry, you told her that you liked her pants?!"

"They were my pants! Of course they were nice- but I ran out of ideas!"

Regulus looked utterly disappointed in me. "Ok so you physically ran into her. Then you awkwardly-" I stopped him. "I was not awkward." He cleared his throat. "You INCREDIBLY awkwardly complemented her pants which you dressed her in the night before and then." He paused.

"And then you made a sex joke?!" He asked me. "I was being funny." And he then rubbed his temples. "Being funny would have been making a joke about her quidditch tryouts. Not about you constantly think about impregnating her." Regulus said and I drank my water.

We were in the library because at dinner we didn't want to witness the riot that was her quidditch roster. Regulus sat across from me with his homework, in shock of the pure "idiocy and assholeness" I possess.

"At least it was part of E." I said and shrugged. "That was the fucking opposite of part A and a sad excuse for part N." Regulus said and then sighed. "We can fix this, we can fix this. Ok, let me think." He spoke and I looked through the shelf's in the library from my seat till I saw Severus against one.

Fuck now I can't read any romance books because he infected the shelf. A few moments later Diana stood across from him and he was smiling. "Regulus, sorry to interrupt your train if the light but you're a seeker right?" I said.

"Yes and I have been for 3 years." He said and looked even more annoyed which I didn't think was possible. "Can you channel your inner beater and tackle me if I start walking towards the shelf behind you?" I asked and my eyes refused to leave Snivelus.

"I-" and then I cut him off. "What is Diana's relationship with him anyway?" I asked and I heard Regulus stand up and walk next to me. He put his hand on my face to look away but I didn't, he simply turned my head. And before I could follow up he slapped the shit out of me with one back hand swoop.

"Ow, bloody hell, Mate!" I said and looked at me. "She doesn't really like him that much but he still owls her potions notes if she doesn't get something and she does the same with him for transfiguration." He said and I nodded while holding my cheek.

"Would you like to go spy with me?" I asked him and he looked ahead of us and then at me and said. "Aw fuck it, why not." He said and then we cautiously walked- no we ran like lunatics with my special cloak over us.

We strode right next to them between the shelves and saw a very annoyed Diana responding to a happy Snivelus' small talk. "Can you please just give me what I want? I have the payment." She said and crossed her arms. "I know you do but that would take the fun out of this." Snape said and he took a step toward.

"You've slumped low enough to ask for my help." Severus said and he stepped closer to her, Diana backing herself into a wall as he grasped her chin with his thumb and index finger. "And that type of desperation means you've hit rock bottom. If only lover boy would follow you." He said and smiled down at her.

Regulus was a man of his word.

I was strapped down to floor by him under the cloak as we watched the conversation. "I'm not drugging him and if I could brew these potions without getting caught myself I would." She said and nearly spit in his face. "Are they a matter of security or are you not advanced enough." He questioned moving his hand from her face and to his robe pockets.

"I brewed amortentia first attempt last year with the assistance of Remus Lupin, who if you do not know is much smarter then you. However if the head girl were to leave the potions room with her skeleton along with wolfsbane, basilisk venom, moonstone powder, and mercury. Well I'd be suspected of brewing all sorts of malicious potions." She said and stepped closer to him, backing him into the shelf.

The fuck is she buying from Severus Snape? Ok so she's the smart one in our relationship but what? I looked at regulus and he looked confused as well. "Fine, her is one vile of amortentia and a beaker of dreamless sleep draught." Snape said and Diana looked around the library before giving Severus 30 galleons.

He walked off and she sunk to the floor. She opened the vile of Amortentia and smelled it. She pulled away from the vile and closed it before wiping her eyes. "Fucking cherry broom wax." She muttered before getting up and walking to the exit. "Why the fuck is she smelling cherry broom wax? She uses maple and- oh." Regulus said.

"Run after this instant." Regulus said. "Go" and before I could protest he pushed me out of my cloak and into her. "Watch where your going." She said and patted herself clean from being knocked onto the dust floor. "I'm so sorry." I said and offered my hand to help her up. "You've don't enough, thank you." She said, still not looking at me. "I insist." I said.

"Well I gave you my answer and I'm not a liar." She said and then she looked at me. "Oh. Well to you maybe I am." She said with a sour look in her eyes. "Look, I still care about you. Maybe we can try to be friends." Oh Merlin I'm a fucking idiot. "I- wow. Uhm, no. I can't be just friends with you, james. At least not right now." She said and then walked away.

"When I said be her friend I didn't mean whatever you just said." I heard Regulus said and I jumped. "Fuck, Regulus announce yourself before hand." I said and he shook his head. "I think you made it a lot, a lot worse." He said and patted my shoulder.