•time & talking•

-
d.diggory's POV
-

As I entered the great hall I let go of James' hand and walked to the Slytherin table where I was met with quite the number of looks. Lucius was the first to speak, "What the fuck were you thinking? Huh? What did you think beating up Severus was the best idea?" And I'd never seen him overcome with so much anger.

"I thought we agreed as a group that we don't like Potter?" Nathaniel asked. "I would just like to say that I loved every second of it." Marius said. "The way you got on top of him and just didn't stop punching was just." Finneas said. "Immaculate." Vincent finished.

"I didn't like you lost control." Regulus spoke and looking at his face's disapproval hurt the most today. "Did you not think about us? About how your punishments might hurt the team?" Lucius said crossing his arms.

"For the next month I will no longer be Captain or a player." I said and Lucius somehow stabbed a spoon into the table. "I'm not mad." Lucius said. "I just want to have a nice conversation with Hooch that's all." Lucius said and Vincent had to link arms with him to keep him from leaving the table.

"The match has been moved up to mid-march." I spoke and Marius broke into tears, crying into Finneas' arms. "How the fuck are we gonna be ready?!?" Nathaniel said and Regulus' brick wall of a face showed distress.

"Regulus will be captain in my absence and I'll give him instructions for practice." I said and they looked slightly relieved. "But we still need a player for drills and scrimmages." Lucius said. "I have one in mind." I said. No I don't. I'm a liar. "Yeah umm at your practice next week they'll be there." I said and they nodded their heads.

•one week later•

"I promise you'll be okay, otherwise I'll beat their asses" I said to Lorelei with my hands on her shoulders. I braided her black hair back and nothing was in the way of her blue eyes.

"Boys!" I yelled and due to my quidditch ban madam hooch had to watch every practice. "Fearless leader!" Nathaniel called back along with Marius and Finneas.

"This is Lorelei she'll be your new seeker while Regulus is taking my spot." I said and they looked down. "Are we sure?" Lucius said. "Yes because I'd you teach her wrong then there will be a legacy Slytherin quidditch team that won't play well and will lose to gryffindor." I said and Lucius nodded aggressively.

I walked back out to the corridor and was met with James. With the free time on our hands we were gonna make a map that could tell you where everyone at hogwarts was at any minute of everyday. So he grabbed my hands and we rushed to an empty classroom.

•3 weeks later•

Jamesie and I get to play tomorrow. Tomorrow we get to play each other. Shit. Well at least we made the map. Remus gave us the splendid idea that if you don't open it correctly that the parchment insults you. Best detail ever.

"Are you read for tomorrow?" James asked me in library. He was beside me looking at the map and he subtly grabbed my hand to hold. He then looked up at me and asked. "Merlin no." I told him. And he looked confused. "Vincent and Remus could and might kill each other. The whole Marlene and Sirius thing makes Regulus want to strangle Sirius. Finneas and Gideon have this weird hatred thing along with Marius and Fabian." Started and James nodded.

"I'm suprised you haven't mentioned Lucius and Frankie's fight today. Lucius broke his arm and Frank really messed up his hand. They can't play-" and I stopped him. "Your telling me that Lucius Abraxas Malfoy cannot play quidditch tomorrow?" I asked him and he nodded. Fuck we haven't trained Lorelei in his position which means I have to ask Sev- fucking hell.

I can't do that to James he'd go mad- I just won't tell him. James can't be mad at me that much anyway right? Yeah yeah. Let's go with that.

"I don't have anyone lined up for tomorrow." He said and I continued. "Peter and Nate are either lovers or mortal enemies I've never met people who looked At each other like that." I said and James laughed. "I'd assume lovers." James said and I just nodded looking into his eyes.

"Oooh oh Ranger look! Remus and Sirius are together in the dorm." James said and I looked at the map. "30 galleons they fuck before we graduate." I said to him and he looked at my lips before saying, "That's a deal, love." And I went back to reading my book.

✨🪄🔮🪄✨

I saw Severus sitting alone in the library and I went to talk to him, "What do you want?" He asked before I was within three feet of him. "Your the only defensive alternate we have." I said and he put his book down.

"Why should I help you?" He said crossing his arms. "Because you called the girl your in love with a slur and I defended her." I said and He rolled his eyes.

"Not convincing me, Diana." He spoke flatly. "I will never ask you again I just need you to do this for me." I said and took a deep breath. "Does this mean that I get to hit Potter." And I immediately answered, "Yes, with all the force you have." And he smirked.

"I'm in."

"Thank you so-" and he cut me off. "Only this once Diggory. Only this once." I said and then cringed back as I knew this isn't one of the times or the people to pull into a hug. I turned around to see James talking to Liam McLaggen. He wouldn't, he knows what Liam did to me- I- oh I have no regrets with talking to Snape now.

It's on.