•secrets & sirius•

Ok so there will be two exceptions to the music thing, but I'll try to make the rest specific to the 70's :)
-
d.diggory's POV
-

To say my train ride back to hogwarts was bleak was an understatement. I sat in a compartment far from Potter and the marauders because I needed peace.

I spent my birthday sobbing and owl-ing regulus. I hadn't spoken with him in a while and I missed the little guy. We decided to sit next to each other on the train and have some form of peace before class started the next day.

When I got to my room I unpacked my things decided not to wear my dress today. I had enough and needed an emotion dump. I wore a cropped black long sleeve that partly covered my neck and khaki cargo pants. With that I headed out. I gave a very confused Ted Tonks a nod before sitting on the stool on stage.

"Hello, sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled programming, I'm not wearing a gown and the band isn't back from their vacation till next week." I spoke flatly and drank a large swig of firewhiskey. Before I began playing my electric guitar.

"I take my pills and I'm happy all the time, I'm happy all the time, I'm happy all the time..."

I saw Sirius in a table near the stage and he gave me a blank look. I wasn't going to apologize, I don't give a fuck if James Potter is hurt from what happened on New Year's Eve.

"I love my boy but he ain't worth the price, no he ain't worth the price, my boy ain't worth a dime..."

I did love him, that is why this hurts but ah the joys of singing lyrics while starring that person in the face. In the back stood an empty table with multiple glasses of firewhiskey periodically emptying and as far as I'm concerned James is the only man in the world with an invisibility cloak.

But I will never lose my charm of switching songs for a mashup because I forgot the words. Definitely won't let the audience see that.

"I don't want to love you anymore."

I looked back to Sirius as I changed my strum pattern and sang, his face was sunken in and solemn. He shook his head at me before humming along.

"My heart is tired out from running after yours.."

Sirius closed his eyes tightly and I looked back to what happened on New Years. Remus pulled me by the waist and we laughed...

"So won't answer the door when you show up late at night.."

Then something possessed James Potter to pull me into his arms and kiss me like the world was ending. I melted into him and I should have pulled away.

"So go and put the stars in someone else's sky.."

Because he was Lily's boyfriend. And Lily watched her boyfriend kissed me into my birthday. Lily watched me melt and forget how I lived before kissing James.

"I won't come round when you need a fix."

Lily watched James melt into me as well. And with that Lily said, "Happy fucking birthday, whore." Before she ran out but James- he had to chase her. He had to leave me in shambles with Remus and Sirius trying to pick up the pieces.

"I was so young but I've ground wiser to your tricks."

I cannot say he didn't do the right thing and that's why I'm in the middle of self loathing. Because I wanted him. And I had him for a moment when time stopped. But then it started and he chased after her.

"So go save up your data and your late night taxi fair.."

I looked at Sirius who simply mouthed to me, "I need to talk to you when your done." And I gave him a nod before looking back to the 'empty' table. It had a few knuts and sickles placed on it to pay. So the coward leaves.

"And go spend them on her I really don't care."

I looked away from that empty table to see Tom Riddle sitting in the back, nursing a gin and pomegranate juice. He had a small smile imprinted on his face but he only served me anxiety.

"It wasn't love it was a trick, it wasn't love.."

Looking back to Sirius he was drinking butter beer and only butter beer which meant whatever he was about to say to me was serious, and this is the one time I can't make my favorite joke.

"It was a trick of the moon."

To my shock I received my normal amount of applause and then backed up the guitar and grabbed my drink to speak with Sirius in the familiar corner he usually talks to me in.

"Hey Pad-" and he cut me off. "Do not 'hey Padfoot' me right now. I haven't spoken to you in a week and I've been worried and now seeing you trying to go numb, I'm pissed." Sirius spoke.

"Do you know what it's like to go home, see Amos on the couch and panicking because his sister hadn't been home and hasn't told him where she's been?" Sirius yelled at me and I squeezed my eyes shut. He grabbed me by the jaw and pulled me closer to him.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you, Diana." Sirius said and I opened my eyes. "You will never know how it feels when you have to find out from the fucking daily prophet that you were staying with my fucking brother at Malfoy manor?" Sirius said and I felt the pain in his voice.

"What daily prophet?" I asked him and he scoffed. "Of course that's the thing you finally speak at." Sirius then handed me a crumpled up paper. I opened it and it was a daily prophet news paper from two days ago titled.

"Future Mrs. Malfoy or Future Mrs. black?"
By: Rita Skeeter

The photo was a candid of Lucius and regulus smoking cigars and me sitting between them laughing on Lucius' balcony. You'd have to be a bug to even see us up there.Lucius had just told a joke about how he was 90% sure that his dad was having an affair with Professor Riddle.

Regulus' face held a perfect ear-to-ear smile, a cigar hanging out his mouth. Myself, laughing like an idiot leaning on Lucius' shoulder. And Lucius smirking as he let some smoke out of his mouth and into the air. We all looked genuinely happy and the picture moved to show me leaning against Lucius to then barring my face into Regulus' shoulder.

I looked at Sirius who had calmed down and I threw the newspaper paper to the floor and hugged him, he quickly hugged me back tightly. "I'm sorry but I couldn't face him, and by extension you guys. I didn't want you to have to pick a side so I'll back off. Things will go back to how they used to be before 5th year." I said in his ear and then kissed his cheek.

"Diana you can't-" and I stopped him. "I love you and that won't change. I just can't see him or Lily right now." I spoke and he just held onto me longer.

"You don't get to put your feelings on the back burner so that everyone can be happy, Diana. You deserve happiness yourself and I can't hold onto you loving him without it killing me!" He yelled at me.

"You have until the Slytherin v Gryffindor game, if you don't tell him by then. I will, Ranger." Sirius said and then kissed my forehead before walking out of the three broomsticks. Fucking Hell.