•months & mission•

-
j. potter's POV
-

"Fireworks in the great hall?"

"Too flashy"

"Fireworks in the middle of an exam?"

"Too risky."

"Merlin, Ranger let me have fun." I said and turned to look at her, she was laying with her head down on the table next to me as Riddle's detention consisted of making her and I miss dinner and sitting in his classroom for 3 hours.

"Think more spectacle then inconvenient like no fireworks." She said and then leaned back in her chair. Laying her head back, all of her hair flowing behind her. "James we have to tell Sirius we dated." She said staring at the ceiling.

"I'm sorry, what does that have to do with the first prank of this year?" I asked very confused and scared. "It doesn't but James, he deserves to know I mean the secret is killing Remus and Peter- well Peter isn't that bright but still." She said and didn't move her gaze.

I want to tell my friend we dated when we are back together which I am working on doing. "Do we have to?" I asked her and she turned to look at me. "Ok, you don't have to." She said and then the charm that was holding us to our chairs finally vanished.

Unfortunately this lead to Diana's 'lean of defiance' made her and the wooden chair fall backwards. "Fuck" I heard and Diana made contact with the floor. I looked over and saw that she wasn't getting up and just holding her head.

I rushed over to her and saw that she was about to fall asleep which is definitely a terrible sign. "Don't fall asleep." I said and I helped her stand up which she then lost her balance so I just brought her to the infirmary.

Should I have done it more reasonably? Yes but I stand by my decision to carry my wife bridal style and screaming help to madam Pomfrey. "Help!" I called as I entered the doors running.

"Potter, I'm fine-" Diana tried to say. "Diggory, you can barely keep your eyes open enough to sass me." I said looking down at her in my arms. "What's the matter, dearies?" Madam Pomfrey said coming towards us. "She's hurt." I said and laid Diana down on a bed.

"I'm in wonderful condition." Diana said with her eyes closed. "It's a bit bright in here in'it?" Diana said pinching the bridge of her nose. "Her condition would be battered and nearly broken, not near mint condition." I said and crossed my arms.

"Thank you Mr. Potter but she isn't a comic book so while I run a quick physical on her I'm going to ask you run along to your friends." Madam Promfrey said and tended to her and then it hit me. Sirius and Remus need to see her and make sure she takes it easy.

As dinner was ending I grabbed the two by the collar and then looked around, "Where's Peter?" I asked them and Remus shrugged me off. "All of dinner we were asking where you were but in all honesty we only ever see Peter in classes now. He's been busy with that um club." Sirius said.

"Riddle's private club, Peter got invited before summer. I didn't think it would be this invasive though and he's also keeping a distance because of his feelings." Remus said and then we started walking. "Oh Merlin. I thought he moved onto Mary?" Sirius added.

"Peter likes someone?" I asked. "He's been nursing a crush on Ranger the past year now. Started when she defended him from her teammates." Remus said. "Prongs why are you leading us to the infirmary?" Sirius asked. "Rangers in there." I said.

"She what?!" Remus said and they both started picking up pace before we all just ended up sprinting but I got pulled into an empty classroom. "You fucked her?!" I heard screamed. "Good evening, regulus how are you?" I asked him.

"Not well because you fucked up the mission." He said.

"It takes two to tango and it takes two to fuck, okay?"

"James The plan is for you to date her not be her fuck buddy till she graduates." He said and I know he's right but she just- no no no we must focus on the meaningless words this boy is saying. "You didn't pay attention to anything I just said, did you?" He asked me.

"I didn't really because she's currently in the infirmary and that's all I care about right now." I said and I looked him in the eye. "Fuck ok. Go be with her just don't fuck up. Merlin help you." He said and I ran out.

I walked into the infirmary and saw Remus mouth something at a distance but as I approached them madam Pomfrey intercepted, "She has a concussion and will need to rest but make sure she doesn't sleep till tomorrow morning." She said and then I walked up to her bed. Sirius sitting in a chair next to her bedside table and sandwiched between the divider and bed.

He looks to be in deep thought and then I looked over at Remus, "Ranger told him." He said. "Tell him what?" I asked them. "About us, James." I heard her voice said but she was in an almost ice brace covering her head.

"What do you mean- oh." I said and Sirius was now looking at me. "Remus count to 3 please." Sirius said.

"3"

"2"

"1"

I looked away from Sirius to Remus and asked, "what was the counting for?" And before he answered I was tackled to ground. "To give you a head start." Remus said and I then was being hit in the chest by Sirius, "You didn't tell me? I had to find out by Diana being loopy from medicine?" He yelled and then got up and fixed his hair.

"Diana."

Sirius asked and turned around to her as I was getting up. "Is there a reason I wasn't told because I don't want to look at prongs right now." Dramatic ass bitch.
"We didn't want you to pick sides since we aren't together." She said and he looked at her.

"Anything else happen between you?" Sirius asked knowing that she couldn't lie to him in her state. "He slept with me last night and we had sex this morning." She said and before anyone of us could speak. "Then again I did everyone a favor because his hair looked nice today." She said and Remus laughed.

"Padfoot, are you mad at me?"

"No, I'm  not mad at you, Ranger. I'm annoyed and irritated that my best friend didn't tell me he dated the girl he literally dreamed of shagging every night."