Chapter 118: Crushing Reality

Start from the beginning

"Luna." His voice hoarse voice speaks, "What do you plan to do...? This person has a lot of enemies. Leaving the academy together... Taking him along with you, using your Alice and watching him die- even to obey the pact you made with your own life... I can promise that you two will leave in exchange for you two never having a relationship with this academy ever again." He states. He inhales, assessing the situation before saying his thoughts, "But you- if I'm not wrong- your body has also begun to regress due to the excessive amount of guliver candy that you consumed?"

Her silence was answer enough.

"Before it's too late, you should begin treatment under the research department." The man suggests while Shiki and Jinno come to his side. "Otherwise- after watching the elementary principal die- if you don't take certain measures, you will change into a child alone. Worst case scenario: you will suffer the same fate as the elementary school principal."

Luna absorbs his words, taking her inevitable fate into consideration as soft tears fell from her eyes.

"You will be different from the principal. There won't be anyone to protect you in this world full of enemies and nobody will watch you leave this world. You will be alone." Yukihira warns the woman.

After a moment of silence, a tender smile caresses Luna's face. "High school principal...Shiki-San and Sensei.... To say such kind words to someone like me... I'm very grateful." She looks up at the three men before turning back down towards the man in her arms. "Since I'm in this state now, I'm the only one who can share his loneliness and pain... I plan to accept your fate for the future." Luna reveals. The men keep their eyes on her, watching the now introspective girl take responsibility for her past actions. "I will be able to keep my promise. By accepting this fate, he won't be alone."

Her eyes travel to Mikan who lays in Ruka's arms, surrounded by her beloved friends. Narumi teleported into the hallway and now rushes towards the brunette, unknowing of the tragedy that has taken place.

Luna continues, "Although it might be too late... I want to continue Sensei and Yuka's will. Yuka struggles to accomplish it and regrettably left... I hope to use my power to eliminate the clones of the principal that remain. This is my reason for living. As long as I have this goal that Yuka left for me... I will be able to use my Alice proudly. And to continue living."

Luna turns her forlorn eyes to Mikan who has slowly begun to awaken in Ruka's arms once again.

"Sakura-San..." she whispers to Mikan, "I'm sorry."

"And thank you."

///

A week has passed since Hotaru and her brother disappeared with Akako. No one had heard anything or gotten any updates on on the situation, raising the anxiety of both the teachers and students.

At the moment, many students are gathered in Elementary Class B. A melancholic atmosphere hangs in the room, weighing everyone down as they prepare for the decision that the Board has come to.

Ruka sits in his seat, looking off to his left where three people were missing. Natsume was still in recovery, much to Ruka's relief because he wasn't yet ready to witness his reaction to Akako's death. As he stares at the sad lonely wooden bench, Ruka recalls Mikan's first official day as an Alice: when she was announced as his partner.

He remembers watching Mikan walk down the aisle, stumbling about from shock after being told that he was her partner. He, himself, was not too thrilled about the news. It meant that the "fan club" would try even harder to "stake their claim" yet... Ruka was curious of the girl. After all, she was Akako's sister that the blonde admired and spoke so highly of. Ruka had grown fond of Mikan before falling deeply in love with her dazzling smile and optimistic yet determined self. Thinking of the fact that she might leave... it tore at his soul.