March 2008 (1)

Pulling up to the outside of Marshall's house, me and Des quickly swung our doors open as the driver began to pull all of our luggage from out of the trunk. "Go inside, baby. I'll get your stuff." 

"Okay!" He squealed, bolting directly up towards the door with zero hesitation. 

Meeting the driver around the back of the car, I grabbed the two rather heavy bags from him, along with my purse that was slung over my shoulder and began trekking my way up the long slab of concrete after thanking him. Realizing Des had just left the door wide open, I shook my head. How many times do I gotta tell him?! 

Finding it actually quite convenient that I could just let myself inside, I decided not to say anything. Instead, I just gently stepped through the entrance, jutting my ass out backwards as I closed the door behind me. 

Earning a relatively loud slam, I immediately heard Marshall's deep, and excited voice. "Yoo! There she is!" Smiling to myself, I set the bags down just as I watched him turn the corner. 

"Hey-" Quickly noticing his once bleached blonde locks had now turned to a deep brown, my smiling face immediately melted into shock with the closer and closer he got to me. "Oh my god." 

He laughed. "What?! You ain't like it?" 

"No I just-" Shaking my head, that same smile returned to my lips as I instinctually stuck my hand out, pushing my fingers through the front of his hair. "Wow, it's so different. I haven't seen you with your natural hair since you were filming 8 Mile."

He shrugged. "Yeah I just needed to do it, I don't know. Blonde didn't feel right anymore." 

"I get it." I nodded in understanding. "It looks really good, I like it a lot." 

His slightly more slender cheeks balled as he smiled. "Thanks." Staring at me for a moment, he gently jutted his chin out towards my bags. "You want help?" 

"Please!" I whined. "I packed too much shit." Laughing, he grabbed both bags without hesitation and I began following him up towards the second level. "Where'd Des go, by the way?" 

"Him and Stevie went downstairs to play Xbox as soon as he walked in the damn door." 

I laughed. "And where's the girls? Out?" 

"Yeah." He nodded, reaching the last step. "Went over to their friend's house for a sleepover, but I kinda think they were lyin'." 

"Why?!" I laughed again, following him in towards the guest bedroom. 

"I don't know." He shrugged. "Just a feelin'." Setting down my bags, he turned back towards me. "So, whatchu wanna do? You tired?" 

I shook my head. "No, not really." 

He smiled. "Aight, well I made dinner if ya hungry? Then maybe we can watch a movie or somethin' if you want?" 

Smiling back, I nodded. "Yeah." Watching as he licked and then quickly bit down on his bottom lip, I could tell he was trying his hardest to suppress an even bigger smile. Nodding back, he turned himself around, telling me to follow him back out towards the stairs. Doing as I was instructed, we headed for steps, and then towards the kitchen. "So what else has been goin' on? Tell me all the things." I asked inquisitively, parking myself on the stool that was pulled up to the island. 

Watching as he pulled out some leftovers from the fridge, he shrugged. "Well, I mean- There's not much. Kinda just been sittin' here, y'know?" He chuckled slightly awkwardly, throwing my plate into the microwave before turning back around to lean over the other side of the island. "I did, kinda get like a sponsor though, I think?"