Chapter 64 - Organized Chaos

"Everything alright, young Midoriya?" All Might asked, handing Izuku a cup of the tea Inko just made. He was in their shared apartment right now, bouncing his leg up and down as nerves consumed him.
"Just, uhm... Nervous, I guess?" Izuku mumbled, cradling the cup of tea in his hands.
"Not everyday there's an army after your father"

All Might gave him a soft smile, placing a hand on his shoulder as he sat down next to him.
"I promise there is nothing to be nervous about" Toshinori said, trying to comfort him. It wasn't helping as much as he wanted though... It's because Izuku knew how many unexpected things can happen during a mission. These things rarely go as planned... Certainly when All For One is involved... All Might knew that too, but that didn't mean he wasn't hopeful.

"I just hope everything is going smoothly..." Izuku sighed.
"I know you want nothing more than to be at the front line right now, but there is nothing wrong with sitting this one out, okay? Nobody is blaming you for not being ready" All Might said. To be fair, Nezu had to lecture him on his safety and recklessness and add severe punishments if he were to leave campus in order for him to stay here. Otherwise he would've sneaked out and followed the others to aid with the raid.

"...I know. Doesn't make this any easier though" Izuku muttered, pulling his legs up to his chest. Knowing he was useless right now was only making him feel worse, to be honest... He wouldn't be any help to the pro heroes. He'd only be in the way... He'd get too emotional, too out of control, wouldn't follow the plan... Just a burden... He really shouldn't be thinking like that though.

He should be praying the heroes that were there had everything handled! Self deprivation wasn't helping anyone right now! Izuku sighed, taking a sip from his tea as a strong rumble disturbed the apartment.
"What was that?! An earthquake?!" Inko screamed in panic as she ran in. Izuku hadn't even noticed All Might had bent over to protect him until he tried to move to comfort his mom.

That wasn't an earthquake just now...

"Stay here, I'll go see what's going on" Izuku said.
"Young Midoriya, I don't think-" All Might protested, but Izuku was already running out the door.
"Protect mom!"
With that he left the apartment, looking for whatever caused that trembling.

It could've been a hero course student that was training or something that fell down in one of the training areas. Maybe even an experiment of a support course student? Those were all logical possibilities, but so were much worse options... Hopefully it was nothing, but he couldn't be sure about that until he checked it out.

Once he stepped outside, he was instantly sent flying. He wheezed and coughed as he scrambled back on his feet, staring wide eyed at the Nomu that just punched him. Wait a Nomu?! What was that thing doing here?! That could only mean-

"Oh, so there you are..."

Izuku froze up at that voice, activating his quirk without hesitation, making the green energy spark around him.
"What are you doing here, Shigaraki?"
"...Still can't believe you're actually his son" Tomura grumbled, tilting his head to the side as he glared at Izuku.

"Immobilize him, Nomu"

Izuku's eyes widened and his body moved away just in time to dodge the Nomu's attack. When he glanced back to see if Shigaraki would make a move, he was already gone. Izuku's eyes darted back to the Nomu, blocking the next hit he swung at him. This one wasn't as strong as other Nomus Izuku has faced before, but its strength wasn't to be underestimated. Besides, it was much faster than Izuku thought it'd be. Yeah, this was definitely gonna be a challenge...

//\\
\\//

"Alright, now you're going to tell me what the fuck happened or I'm going to use this fucker on you again and we both know you don't want that" Katsuki said, holding his taser up towards the black haired man the moment he walked in. Dabi held his hands up in the air, showing them he meant no harm, glancing around at the rest of the students. They were all keeping their distance, ready to strike the moment Dabi made any suspicious movement. They were being cautious, which wasn't all that surprising with Dabi's reputation.