Chapter 51 - Decision Stress

Katsuki did come to the dormitory after school that day, but he wasn't able to stay very long. The class went wild nonetheless, despite Iida's best efforts to keep things under control. Everyone was happy and relieved to see the ash blonde again. The squad didn't even tease Katsuki when Izuku was all over him, acting all lovey dovey and clingy. It's not like Katsuki hated it, but it was quite embarrassing with so many people around.

In the days that followed, Katsuki was busy with check-ups and meeting up with his current and former classmates. He had to catch up on classes but he still had to get enough rest to fully recover. Katsuki didn't mind his busy schedule. At least he wouldn't have to think about his quirk when he was distracted by everything else. Yeah, his quirk... The one he was hiding from the world, from his friends, his boyfriend...

His parents were understanding, knowing this was a tough decision to make. It's not everyday you have to choose between fulfilling your lifelong dream and your mental well-being. On top of that were Hisashi's words... Would Izuku truly fear him if he started using his quirk again..? Would he hate him..? Would he really lose him if he chose to be a hero?

Katsuki hadn't talked about Izuku's reaction to his support item yet... He was afraid to bring it up again since Izuku seemed to have forgotten all about it by now. Katsuki sighed and glanced down at his hands. The fact he had his quirk back was going to get out sooner or later and he had to make his decision by the time it did.

It was that kind of stress and pressure that made Katsuki distance himself from others. That made them worry about him even more, putting even more pressure on him to make a decision. Stuck in a never ending cycle with stress building up by the second... It didn't take a genius to point out it wouldn't end well.

"Here you are!"

Katsuki was pulled out of thought, his head instantly turning towards the sudden noise. Izuku gave him a worried look, quickly covering it up with a smile as he entered the workshop.
"Auntie Mitsuki told me you'd be here! You really don't have to push yourself like this Kacchan... You'll be back in class tomorrow and you've already caught up to everything you missed" Izuku said, walking over to him.

The green head glanced down at the blueprints in front of Katsuki, wondering what was so important he had to come and do it on a beautiful sunny day instead of relaxing for a moment.
"So what are you working on?" he asked, trying to get a good look. Katsuki's eyes widened and he snatched the plans away from Izuku in a panic, quickly rolling up the blueprints as he tried to come up with an excuse.

"I-it's nothing, not that important, uhm, just, I-" Katsuki mumbled, avoiding eye contact with Izuku as he put the plans away. It was the blueprint of his support item. The same item Izuku seemingly hated, the same item that Katsuki used to blow up his own arm... An item Katsuki didn't plan on rebuilding or using ever again.
"I was actually just about done in here, uh, so... You want to get lunch with me?"

Izuku frowned a bit at that, tilting his head a little.
"You don't have to keep things from me Kacchan, I won't judge you-"
"N-no! No, uhm, I'm not- It's not- You just caught me totally off guard" Katsuki sputtered out, letting out a long sigh.
"Guess I might not be ready to go back to school after all..."

Izuku's gaze softened and he gently placed his hand on Katsuki's cheek, making the blonde look at him.
"It's okay Kacchan..." he whispered, his soft smile making Katsuki's cheeks turn pink. He's weak for that damned freckled face and the green head knew it.
"You wanna make lunch or go to the cafeteria?"

Katsuki blinked, calming down again while leaning into Izuku's touch. He didn't feel like making something to eat and the food served at school wasn't so bad... They were already in the building anyway.