Chapter 35 - A Long Needed Conversation

A/N What is this?? A double update?? Yesssss!!! Enjoy XD

Katsuki knew why Izuku was suddenly standing at his doorstep. It didn't take a genius to figure it out. The ash blonde didn't know how he knew where he was, but he didn't really care at that moment either. They had to talk. In private. Which is why Katsuki took Izuku with him to his room, only to sit at least a meter apart on the bed in silence. Neither of them knew how to start this conversation, but they also knew that this had to take place.

They've always been bad at communicating with each other and this awkward silence just defined their relationship, didn't it?

"I didn't hear it from the news" Izuku started, making Katsuki look aside at him.
"I read your statement yesterday when All Might drove me back to UA... I-I wanted to give you some time and space... I needed time and space..."

He trailed off and stopped talking, looking down at his lap. It's all been so much... Too much. Izuku hadn't processed what happened yesterday at all. His father being revealed to be this big evil... His crush having known about it for so long, being a victim of that man's actions and all in order to get revenge for his son. Izuku never asked for revenge. He never asked for Kacchan to receive punishment for what he did.

For insulting him, hitting him, using his quirk on him... For telling him to jump off the roof... In the end, it was still Izuku himself who got up and stood on that edge. It wasn't Kacchan who made him do it, it was something he'd been thinking about for a while... Izuku was depressed back in middle school, you know? It's why it hurts so much to see Kacchan suffer like this... Suffer the same fate he did...

If All Might hadn't pulled him out of that hole, he would've never seen the light again... Izuku would probably be dead by now... That's why he so desperately wanted to help Katsuki, to stay by his side, to be there for him! He wanted to help, to show him he can still be happy even without a quirk! And maybe he had a crush on him... But was that really so bad? It only motivated him more!

Izuku realised he started crying, pulling his knees up to his chest as he buried his head.
"I-I'm so sorry... I had n-no idea what my dad w-was doing to you... I-I couldn't stop it! I should've-"
"Shut up" Katsuki hissed. Izuku glanced aside, seeing tears welling up in those ruby red eyes.

"K-Kacchan-"

"I said shut up!" he repeated, clenching his fists as he slammed a hand down on the bed, his hair casting a shadow over his eyes so Izuku wouldn't be able to see them.
"It's not your fucking fault, okay?! You... If anything, you helped me without even realizing it..." Katsuki breathed, a single tear rolling down his face.

"I can help you avoid my dad, that's what you said, right? You helped me more than you think you did just by saying that... A-and I wanted to believe you... I-I wanted to believe I could be with you without him interfering b-but..."
Katsuki clenched his teeth, a low growl escaping his throat. He was so frustrated!

"Fuck! I-I'm the one who's sorry, okay?! I should've said something sooner! I shouldn't have gotten so fucking scared like a damn coward!"
His breath hitched as Izuku flung himself to his side, hugging him as they both cried. Maybe this is exactly what they needed? To just let it all out? Get rid of those overflowing emotions that torture them at night and simply...cry...

"I want to hit something"

Or they could fight. Fighting was also always an option.

"We can go to one of the training gyms?" Izuku suggested, tears still streaming from his eyes. Katsuki seemed to consider that option before shaking his head.
"No, I don't want to be around people..." he mumbled, making Izuku hum. He could understand where he was coming from. Izuku didn't exactly feel like going out either... He was still hugging the ash blonde boy, both of them crying softly, almost soundlessly.