Chapter 16 - Lunch

Class 1-A was making their way to the cafeteria, Izuku walking with his usual group. Namely Uraraka, Iida and Todoroki. Asui, or rather Tsu, sometimes joined them too, but she got along well with everyone in class so she wasn't always with them. They were talking about their training and special moves and the exam coming up. They were all hoping to get their license so they'd be able to do real, actual hero work. If they were to succeed, things like Stain wouldn't have to be dealt with in secrecy anymore...

"Hey Deku-kun, why did Aizawa sensei pull you aside earlier?" Uraraka asked.
"Oh, uh, h-he lectured me again over the whole uh K-Kamino Ward thing..." Izuku lied, scratching the back of his head.
"A-and that I can't use my hands in my special move if I still want to be able to use them at all..."

"He is right! You should be careful with your hand after sustaining such a brutal injury!" Iida stated. Izuku chuckled at that, tuning out the rest of his lecture as his thoughts wandered somewhere else. If he can't use his arms, he'll have to use something else. His legs. That's the realisation he made when he saw Iida training his Recipro Boost today.

He can power up his legs just like he can power up his arms! That way, he can develop a kicking fighting style instead of a punching one! It would also be great to train his jumps and training his legs could make him a lot faster too. Now he just had to put that into practice!

When they arrived in the cafeteria, Izuku's eyes met ruby red ones from halfway across the room. Kacchan. Before he could say anything, Kaminari beat him to it.
"Yo Bakugou!" the electric blonde exclaimed, running over to the dandelion and flinging himself onto him.
"Thank you for making that gun thingy for me man! You're my hero Kacchan~"

"Tch. That's what friends are for, aren't they?" Katsuki grumbled as he reluctantly accepted the hug. Kaminari gasped at that, stared at Bakugou with big eyes as he pulled back, a hand placed over his heart.

"We're...friends?"

"Well, yeah" Katsuki stated in a 'duh' kind of tone, as if that should've been obvious from a mile away. They were, weren't they? That's how Katsuki interpreted their relationship at least... Isn't that what they always told him too? That they were friends? Didn't they mean that?
"Oh my God, Kacchan~!" Denki exclaimed again, hugging him again as well.

Meanwhile the rest of the squad had caught up to dunce face and were staring at the scene in shock and slight surprise. They were probably wondering why Katsuki was allowing Denki to hug him... The ash blonde rather fell dead than admit it was because he felt the need for human contact and comfort after what happened in class earlier that day.

What Nezu said also made him think twice about everything. It would be better to just come clean and tell them everything, wouldn't it? But Katsuki didn't want to bother them with that... He needed to be their strong leader figure, right? He can't let the image they have of him falter just like that. But maybe.... Maybe he can be a bit more open to affection..?

He knows he doesn't deserve it, but they are still willing to give it to him and he would be a jerk if he just flat out rejected them. Plus, it was time he started giving them more affection too, because they did deserve it.

"Stop calling me that, it's Deku's thing" Katsuki grumbled, still not resisting the hug.
"Are you saying you would accept it if I called you something I came up with?" Kaminari quipped as he pulled back.
"Depends if it's any good, Pikachu" Katsuki smirked.
"Anyway, come on, let's eat. I'm fucking starving"

"Don't you want to eat with your own class? I thought you found us annoying?" Sero asked, confused.
"Well, they're more annoying right now" Katsuki sighed. Which was true, seeing as they were still a little wary of what happened during third period. Should he tell them about that..? Hmm... Probably not the best time... Katsuki ended up sitting with basically all of 1-A around him. For a moment, it felt like nothing had changed and he was still a part of class 1-A.