Chapter 31 - It's Time

Katsuki absentmindedly drew lines on his arm during class, not really paying much attention. It's been two weeks since Shiemi explained that sometimes the urge to cut will be satisfied by simply putting pressure on his skin. So drawing on his arms it was... It did help though, he had to give her that, but it didn't make him feel any better. His parents had been overly concerned for his well being and called every day to make sure he was alright.

Katsuki got used to lying to them, trying to convince them everything was alright and he was getting back on track. But how could anyone believe that when nobody even wanted to talk to him? He pushed everyone away from him, made sure to avoid any social interaction he could've been a part of... And after a while, people simply started ignoring him. None of his classmates acknowledged his existence if it wasn't necessary to talk to him and the Bakusquad stopped coming by the dormitory or asking him to hang out.

Katsuki didn't know this was enough though... Would All For One really believe he had no one he cared for at school? He'd told himself to keep things like this for a while before telling anyone that Hisashi Midoriya is All For One, just to make sure that he got the message and left them all alone. Katsuki didn't mind if it was just him getting hurt. He had no reason to be alive anymore, so why bother putting off the inevitable? It was clear that All For One wanted him dead so he'll just give him the perfect excuse to execute him. Simple, really.

He glanced up at Gengo sensei, who was obviously bothered by the fact Katsuki wasn't listening to his lecture. Yet he didn't say anything, seeing as he'd been called out on such behavior before and almost lost his job. It was funny to tease him, but Katsuki didn't abuse the power he held over him. He sighed, glancing back down at his wrist, which was filled with little stars and swirls and other tiny silly things. It helped him keep his mind empty.

Just like building and designing stuff, he discovered. And with all the extra time he had on his hands right now, he finally started building a fighting robot in order to compete in tech duels. There was no way anyone was lending theirs to him anymore so he'll have to make do with his own if he wanted to have a say in this course. But Maijima sensei didn't allow him to stay in the workshop anymore after class, seeing as he couldn't supervise him and he was no longer allowed to be left alone in such a dangerous environment.

That's one of the reasons Katsuki picked up jogging again. To clear his head and give him something to do instead of just sitting between the same four walls for hours and making himself even more depressed than he already was. He had medication, sure, but that didn't make his circumstances go away. Besides, Katsuki doubted if it was really working.

All it did was dull out his emotions, making him have more urges to cut so he could feel something. It was messing with his mind and he didn't like it! But with his homeroom teacher and Recovery Girl watching him so closely, he wasn't able to simply skip out on it. It was frustrating, but he had learned how to deal with it.

With a sigh, he got up from his seat as the bell rang, demanding the students to go to their next class. After school, Katsuki changed into something more comfortable and pulled on his running shoes. He plugged in his headphones and started the playlist he always used when he went running. If he didn't know any better, he'd say the side effects of his quirk still had a hold on him. But those were simply caused by stress and tension, weren't they? Was he really putting that much pressure on himself..?

He shook his head, trying to empty his mind as he ran along the pathway of the dorms. The school domain was pretty big, so even if he wasn't allowed to go outside, he could cover enough ground by staying within the walls. Katsuki felt the wind cutting in his face as he ran, the air sweeping up some fallen leaves off the ground and carrying them along a little further. It was quiet, peaceful. The way Katsuki liked it.