Chapter 7 - Search

Everyone was gathering at the fountain in the middle of the mall so they could all go out and eat together. Izuku was keeping an eye out for the Bakusquad, finding it strange they weren't here already seeing as Katsuki is always right on time and he would definitely force them to leave somewhere early to get here on time.

"Oh hey Todoroki! Were you able to buy that shirt you were looking for?" Uraraka asked as she greeted their friend upon arrival.
"Yes" Shoto answered simply, motioning towards his bag.
"Yeah, who would've thought we all had the same taste in clothing?" Jirou wondered out loud as she joined their conversation.
"Girl, I can assure you most of the class already figured that one out" Hagakure spoke up.

The girls laughed but Ochako gave Izuku a concerned look.
"Hey Deku? Is everything alright?"
"Oh, uh, yeah! Yeah, I'm fine! Just, uh, wondering where Kacchan is, you know? I thought he'd be here by now" the green head said, his eyes darting around the mall for a sign of the Bakusquad.

"Oh Blasty? Yeah, wouldn't count on him" Jirou sighed.
"What? Why not?" Izuku asked, confused.
"We just ran into Bakugou, he had caused quite the commotion" Todoroki explained.
"He attacked two people with his quirk. A hero stepped in and made him apologize. I'm glad it was resolved without much fuss"

"W-what..?" Izuku breathed, his eyes wide and full of shock. Kacchan attacked people with his quirk..? But that was impossible! He didn't have a quirk anymore!
"Did you... Did you see him using his quirk? K-Kacchan wouldn't-"

"No, we only saw the aftermath but there was quite some smoke and there were some traces of the explosion left" Jirou stated.
"You don't always need to defend him, Midoriya. We all know how he can be but something like this is just not tolerable. He should be happy those two were happy with just an apology and didn't press any charges"

"N-no, you don't understand... He... He can't-" Izuku whispered, cutting himself short before he revealed too much.
"Wait, where is he now?"
"He stormed off somewhere" Jirou shrugged.

Midoriya instantly took out his phone, calling Kirishima. He had to know if Kacchan was okay. There is no way he attacked those people with his quirk! It was most likely set up to make him look bad or to get him to do something. What if people were after him? What if he was in trouble?

"Midoriya? Hey dude, I was just about to text you! Are you at the fountain? Is Bakugou there?"
"W-what? He... He isn't with you?" Izuku asked, his panic rising even more so.
"No, he said he was going to the bathroom but he never came back"
Katsuki was out there somewhere, alone, upset. Vulnerable.

"Midoriya? Hello?"

"I-I think something happened... We have to find him Kirishima!"
"Hey, hold up, what's going on Midoriya-" Ojiro asked confused as he was suddenly pushed aside by the green head. Izuku didn't have time for this. He needed to find Kacchan and make sure he was safe!

"Where are you going?!" Uraraka yelled after him.
"I'm gonna find Kacchan! You guys go on ahead without me!" he shouted back. After that he called Mitsuki, asking her whether or not she had heard of him recently. She could hear the worry in Izuku's voice and told him Masaru would head home to see if he was there.

Deku met up with the Bakusquad soon enough, telling them what Jirou and Todoroki told him.
"What? But he's quirkless now, isn't he?" Denki asked, confused.
"Exactly" Izuku breathed.
"G-guys, what if s-something bad happened..? I-I don't wanna l-lose him aga-"

"Hey, ssh, nothing bad will happen to Blasty, okay?" Mina shushed him, hugging the green bean.
"Come on squad! We have a mission! Let's find our lost Pomeranian!"
"Wait, who made you the replacement leader of the squad?" Sero asked with a small laugh. This earned him a hit in his stomach from said pink girl.