Chapter 1 - Stolen

He was famished, dehydrated and he had no way to defend himself. Things were looking bleak, to say the least. He wobbled on his feet as he took a step back, his eyes wide as he glanced between the villains that tried to restrain him and the fight happening between All Might and that villain boss guy. His breathing was fast and his hands were trembling.

Just one explosion... he thought desperately. Please, just one...

But ever since that potato boss touched him, he'd been on the verge of passing out, unable to use his quirk at all. Adrenaline was all that was keeping him up right now, but that was running out as well. Katsuki wasn't aware of the fact 5 others were close, ready to save him. Izuku had instantly noticed he wasn't using his quirk, he knew something was wrong. The others had spotted the exhaustion in his features too and they all knew they had to be quick if they wanted to pull this off.

Bakugou stumbled back again, trying not to get surrounded by them. He almost tripped, his arms waving around in order to keep his balance. That was the moment a giant ice shard shot in between him and the others. He'd never been happier to see that familiar ice, nor the electric green lightning that came to view as he was suddenly snatched away, off the battlefield.

His breath hitched and he gripped onto the arms that were holding him. He heard people yelling to move, but he couldn't comprehend it. Everything blurred around him, one word ringing through his mind before his eyes closed. The desperate sound of his childhood name being called out...

"KACCHAN!"

When he woke up again, he heard a faint beeping in his ear. He groaned and tried to lift his arm, only to find a tube connected to it. He followed it towards a bag of fluid hanging next to him and blinked his eyes before taking in the rest of the room. A hospital. He's in a hospital... His eyes trailed over a small table at his other side. There were flowers and small get better soon cards spread out across it. He recognized some of the handwritings on them, shakily reaching out for a red one with a puppy on the front.

I hope you wake up soon! We miss you Bakubro!
-Eijirou Kirishima (Shitty Hair XD)

Katsuki scoffed at the small text, hissing as he heaved himself up in the bed. His whole body felt sore and was aching. Kinda like after his exam fighting All Might... His eyes widened, the card falling onto the floor as his breathing picked up. He heard the beeping getting louder, faster, triggering him even more. People rushed into the room, pressing all kinds of buttons and touching him. He didn't like it, he didn't want to be touched. He stared down upon his hands with wide eyes, trying to force an explosion to come out, to make them back off.

Nothing...

Katsuki could hear them talking, but he couldn't understand them. It was all white noise, fading to the background rather quickly as he started hyperventilating. Why wasn't his quirk working?! He needed it to work! What if the villains came back for him?! He needed to be able to defend himself! He couldn't be weak-!

"KATSUKI!"

His head shot up, his breath getting caught up in his throat. It seemed like the world froze for a moment as he stared into the eyes of his mother. What was she doing here..? How did she get here..? The moment of peace made him realise how close he was to crying and how much he hated that stupid beeping sound coming from the machines around him. His dad was here too, he realised, and the people that had been touching him had backed off a little.

"M-mom..." he choked out, his voice weak and trembling, tears now spilling from his eyes. This would never leave this room. Nobody would know that Bakugou Katsuki had cried in his mother's arms, that he was scared and fragile and traumatised by what happened to him. No, not a single soul would talk about this, not if he could help it at least. But right now, none of that mattered. Right now he just wanted to be comforted by his parents, listening as they said everything would be okay, that he was safe now.