Chapter 1

Isabella's POV

"I swear I'll call you everyday." I say to my grandparents as we're standing in the middle of the airport.

My grandma starts crying again and I'm swept back in her arms. My grandpa and I exchange a look and he prys her off. "Janice. You have to let her go." He says with his hand on her shoulder.

"Last call for flight 23B to VA." We hear on the speakers.

I hug them both one more time and kiss their heads. "I really have to go. I'll call you as soon as I'm settled I promise." I say to them. I slowly walk backwards to my flight. I turn one more time and wave with tears in my eyes. I can't let them fall. I have to be strong for them.

I smile at them one more time and board my plane without looking back. The plane ride went quickly. I only flew from Wisconsin to Virginia. I surprisingly kept my tears in the whole way. I'm moving to a small town in Virginia because I'm being forced to live with a man who never wanted me my whole life. My mom died and this is what I get. I tried to persuade the court to let me live with my grandparents but obviously it didn't work. My grandparents have basically been parental figures in my life since I was born. My mom was a single mom. Of course she was a pretty damn good one but she needed help raising me even though she never admitted it.

As I walk off the plane and head to get my luggage I can't help but get anxiety. It's Friday right now and I start school Monday. I'm meeting my so-called dad, John, for the first time and his new family. From what I've heard it's a pretty big one. He's remarried and his wife has 5 kids. 3 boys and 2 girls. They have one together and he's the youngest being 5 years old. I never even knew I had a brother until now. Apparently his wife's kids are all grown up. They're all 19 and up. Her oldest being in their late 20s and youngest being 19. I'm pretty sure it's just John, his wife, and the 19 year old along with her 2 year old son and their kid that lives in the house. John has a pretty nice house, I've seen pictures. It's pretty huge actually and it's a modern house which is nice.

I pick up my luggage which is two suitcases. When I spoke on the phone with John he said he had a credit card for me that has $5,000 on it and to go shopping for clothes or anything I'd want in my bedroom. I get my own bedroom so I'm happy about that. Especially with two kids in that house, I need my privacy.

I began looking for my "dad" and my eyes land on a paper that says Isabella Bianchi.

I walk up to the unknown man. His eyes land on me and his eyes go big. "Wow y-you really do look just like him.. except I didn't expect y-you to be so beautiful." The man says and his eyes travel up and down my body, eyeing me like a piece of meat.

I snap my fingers in his face. "First of all, I'm a minor so never look at me like that again understand? Second, women aren't meat so stop looking at them like it and be respectful." I say rolling my eyes with a straight face.

"Of c-course ma'am." He says stuttering and motioning me to follow him. We get in an expensive looking black car and he drives us to my new home. I call my grandparents number because I know they're freaking out and worried. After a few rings they answer.

"Hey sweetheart! How is everything? Are you there yet? Have you eaten?" She asks and I soon cut her off.

"Relax I just got in the car and some dude I'm guessing that works for him is driving us there. I'll eat later" I say as I look out the window watching the surroundings outside.

"Okay honey, call me when you want to. Your grandpa and I are about to go out to eat but we love you okay?" I hear from the other line.

"I love you." I say sighing then the line goes dead. I watch outside the window as cars go by until we come to a stop in front of the house I'm living in for the next year. I'm 17 right now and a senior so I have to live with him until I'm at least 18. My plan is that as soon as I turn 18 I'm going to pack everything and move back home with my grandparents and finish school there.