44. the only one

i wonder... how much words for a normal chapter? i usually do 700-1000 cause to me the longer the chapter, the more boring it gets. or is my chapter to short for u guys?

let me know :)

---

Author's POV

It's been two days since the first time Y/n met her father after years of being apart. They met each other every night at the same place and time. The second night, he brings her for a normal walk and begin to talk more about himself.

"Father, mind explain the x mark on the 'M'? And why do you cross the two lines?" The girl asked.

The father took some time to think. "The 'X' on the 'M' means 'no mercy' darling." He said. "The three lines represent my three cute and precious children." He stoped and sigh. Looking at the beautiful lake, having the reflection of the silver moon.

"It means my original plan is to look after you three. I'll always remember my goals and wont go too far when I saw those three lines. But now I lost two of you." He began to show sadness in his eyes. "Over the years, my mark changed. The original mark is with you, the first person I ever marked." He smiled again.

Y/n reached out his hand, carefully tracing the pinkish mark behind her neck. "Will I die because of this mark?" She asked.

"Possibly." He replied in short. "But you're not in my list and my men knows not to touch the things I marked." 

She nodded. "It's still sounds dangerous."

"Only my best friend knows about you." The father said, trying to comfort her. "Don't worry, you'll be fine. I'm sure your brothers are strong."

Speaking of brothers. "Why haven't you let go Jimin and Jungkook yet?" She quickly changed the topic, feeling slightly worried and guilty. She knows her brothers worked non stop just to find those two idiots.

Yeonseok stayed calm. "I have a feeling those two are dangerous." He sigh. "There might be a chance after I let them go, they will attack me. I'm not worried of that. But I'm worried that if I'm not able to see you anymore. I know. I'm selfish. But they know about me being your father and they're not happy about it."

Y/n bit her lower lip. Yah, those two are dangerous. She's worried for them but at the same time, she didn't want to let this chance slip away. 

"Is the drive safe Y/n?" The man asked. She nodded and show him her new bracelet. "The key is with one of my brothers. It's safe." She said and the man nodded. 

"That drive is the only reason your life is in danger right now." He sigh. "You're the only one who has it." He whispered to himself.

"What?" She quickly turned to him. "What?" She asked again. 

"I-I mean..." he tried to control his anger. "Yeah, you're the only one who has it. The full record, that is. Every family has the same drive, but yours the full record. It's just like what you did with your brothers. You gave them each the same neckless. But only one of them has the real key. We used the same system for the drive." He explained while watching Y/n's jaw dropped.

"They say our family is lucky but to be straight, we're bad luck. Being a mafia is one. Keeping the drive is two. I'm so sorry Y/n-ah..."

Y/n took her time to think trough all the information she just received. "Is it okay for me to burn it? Or throw it away? Or buried it?" She asked again. That idea is good. It makes it feel safe. For her, it's better if the drive would never existed.

Sadly, Yeonseok shook his head. "You think it's safe? People can dug it up again. No mater how hard you try, it wont work. Trust me, I tried."

It went silence back again. "Have you try to delete it?" 

"With that amount of information, it's hard. All we could do now is hide it safe." He sigh.

Y/n decided to stop. It feels useless opening up a problem that can never be solved. She sat on the cold green grass, admiring the beautiful nature. Wondering what terrible future she will have. It's her fate, she can't do anything. She feels safe knowing her father will be with her always, but now he's dying, from a stupid disease. 

Now that she think about it, she's afraid of loosing his brothers. The only person who took care of her. It's not the first time she looses someone. All her life, it will always be boys that'll came in. From her own family, to bodyguards and friends, she lost them all.

She felt helpless and useless. She's sitting behind the doors, blinding her from seeing the dangerous world she was protected from. She felt weak and that she is the one who deserves to die. She could feel all the lost souls who ones lived to protected her gathered around her.

She feels so guilty and sad for them. 'It's all my fault'. She kept saying. And now she's going to loose them again. She thought.

A tear fell making small sobs. Remembering all the souls she had taken away. She hates this feeling. She wanted to join them. It's not fair. Life is not fair. She felt a hand behind her back, rubbing it in circles. She didn't need to turn around to figure out who's hand it belongs to.

"Don't blame yourself Y/n." He said with a soft voice. "It's not your fault."

But it is. She cried silently. I deserve to die. She felt a hand touching her cheek. At first, she ignores it. That another hand caress her hair. She ignores it. Another hand playfully dance on her hand. Another tried to hug her. Another tried to cupped her chin. She tried to ignored it despite how annoying the touches are.

But it feels good. Then, a soft kiss landed on her forehead. She finally opened her eyes to see Sehun. And others. They were laughing and smiling and dancing around her. They were all in white, they looked beautiful. Like angles. The night shines brighter when she saw the park almost full of white lights, all of them belonged to someone she once knew.

This made her cry even more. She tried to stand up. But two sets of hands grabbed her tight and hugged her. She doesn't know who they were but the feeling is familiar. She cried as she buried her face in the man's chest.

She heard soft chuckles soon became sobs. This is the best feeling. She slowly opened her eyes but not to see the face of the two guys who hugged her, but her father. She turned around to see the park now dark like before, painted in black.

She blinked twice before realising what just happened.

"Y/n..." The man spoke. "It's getting late. You need to go home." Y/n nodded as she yawned. "Don't worry about your brothers." He kissed her before leaving her in front of the mansion. 

Y/n watched as the man slowly disappeared from her vision. She smiled as to now she figured out what to do and entered the castle sized home.

-tbc-

too lazy to edit