43. please

"Father...............

............you're dying, aren't you?"

Hearing that, he hugged me even tighter. I could hear his soft sobs. I knew it. I was right, aren't I? You're leaving me? When I just got to see you?

You went through all this just to see me? I swear you're the best dad ever. You left me hoping I'm in safe hands. Hiding your heart for 5 years, and now, you're crying.

"P-please don't leave me.." I said between my sobs. He shook his head slowly. Is this it? Will this be the last time I'll meet him? He came back to tell me he will never came back?

"I'm sorry sweetheart. The world is cruel. It's hard just to get to you. I have no choice but to get you to me. I'm sorry but I'm leaving. I'm here to claim back my mark." He said. I quickly pulled out. "No. Please. I don't want you to leave. And please don't take my mark." I said.

"And I wanted to spend more time with you. There's so many questions you need to answer." I pleaded. But all I get is a soft no. 

"You can't do this to me." I cried louder. I shook his body even more. "Please. Please spend your last breath with me. All I want is to be there with you when you die. Please." 

He placed both hands under my cheeks. "I'm sure if I ever do that, it'll only make things worse. I have a lot of enemies you see." He said sadly.

"But you're not bad!" I shouted. "I know what you did has every reason. You left us 10 years ago to kill those people who'll buy me right?" I said. He kept quiet.

"You destroyed every person who ever claimed a threat to uncle and grandpa. You went around the world strictly to say not to go near us. The reason why the world feared our mafia is because of you. I'm not wrong right?" 

silence again.

"All you did....all this time.........is protecting us....." I feel my sobs getting lower. "It's not fair!"

"Why?" I punched him on the stomach. "Why?" I punched him again. "You did everything but yet......" I punched again but he caught my arm.

"...........it's not the same without you......" 

He pulled me to his embrace again and sigh. "You get it. I did all that for you. For my family. But I still can't be with you. It's the consequences I have to face."

"I can't believe you." I pushed him. "I thought you love me!"

"I do."

"Then don't leave me!"

"I can't.

"Why?"

"You can't be with me, sweetheart. And I can't be with you. You're my most precious treasure. I want to keep you safe from the danger of the world. Baby, I am one of that. I don't want you to get hurt after I die."

"I'm strong. I'm not the same person from back then. I have 7 brothers, 5 cousins, 7 friends and a dad that could protect me. I'm strong now so please...don't leave me."

He's out of words, I can tell. Part of him wants to stay but the other still says no.

"One week. Just one week, please. We'll have a father and daughter time." I hold his hands. His eyes are full with sadness ad guilt.

"You think your brothers would like that idea?" He asked. I stoped. He patted my head gently. "I thought so. After I took two of them, you think they'll forgive me?"

I shook my head again.

"How about this, we'll meet here, every night before you moved back to Seoul. We'll spend time together and I could tell you storied and answer every question you have. Sounds fun?"

My eyes widened. "Really?" He chuckled and nodded. I hugged him again. "Yes!"

"Should I tell my brothers?" I asked him again before we parted ways.

He shrugged. "It's up to you sweetheart. See you tomorrow."

I nodded after felt like forever, his figure slowly vanished from my sight. But my tears were still there. "Father, I always hate your goodbyes.." I said to myself while walking back. "Every goodbyes are painful." 

"You're the person who hurt me the most....just by your goodbyes... " I continued. "For once, I don't want to hear you said that to me."

-tbc-

don't forget to vote :)

Protecting Our Princess|mafia brothers|BTS FFजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें