JaeSahi- 'Paper Roses'

Start from the beginning

How many times did Jaehyuk ask to meet the guy? Yet, he never received an affirmation. The replies would always be nothing more than another rose. No notes of explanation or apology, nothing.

This time too, Jaehyuk expected little. He wasn’t prepared for a huge note with steps and illustrations on how to make the roses with newspaper pages.
The admirer took all his time to even draw and paint the steps beside the description so that Jaehyuk found it easier to applicate. The Korean male escaped a smile, he surely knew how to draw!

That night, Jaehyuk did make a cute rose. But it still needed work. Half satisfied, he dumped the rose in a trash can and decided to try again another time. While going to sleep, he was recalling all the incidents he had with his admirer, never seen, but so close to heart! Then suddenly, he jumped up.

He found out the time of delivery of the roses.

Jaehyuk asked the admirer for teaching him in the morning when he delivered his note. The reply came right in the morning of the next day. Obviously, none could draw such a detailed guide at school, he at least had to do it at home. That could only mean that he delivered the reply to Jaehyuk’s locker in the morning of the next day.

Early in the morning that is.

Jaehyuk quickly set his alarm and went to sleep. His excitement touched the roof and poor boy couldn’t fall asleep. After tossing and turning on bed for hours when he finally could, that too was a distracted, discontinuous sleep. However, that didn’t stop him from jumping up at the sound of the alarm, dress up in the speed of light and dash out of the house taking enough money to buy his breakfast.

Jaehyuk reached earlier than almost everyone. His first destination was the locker, which, as expected, wasn’t decorated with a non living rose. Satisfied with his accuracy of time, he moved away and hid behind a wall to observe his locker.

Minutes passed and more and more students started to arrive. Jaehyuk was patient at first, nervous too, but he lost hope every second. No sign of his admirer. Could it mean he calculated wrong? If the first period started and still there was no one to put a rose in his locker, that would mark the first day in months when Jaehyuk was deprived of the rose for a whole day.

Disappointing as it was, exactly that happened with him. He didn’t find his admirer, nor did he get a rose. All his waiting and rushing and a beating heart went in vain. Sighing, he left after the bell had rung.

He was exceptionally sulky that day. His usual cheerful self lost its originality. Students who liked his bubbly nature were worried, a bit mad too but he didn’t care. He never knew not getting a rose would make him so sad. Okay, not only that, but his desk looked so empty without the rose.

He went home finishing a long, sad and disappointing day.

However, at night, he felt a little bit better after actually making a decent rose following the instructions received from the admirer. While making the rose, he kept wondering whether the next day he’d get one again- the beautifully crafted rose, the embodiment of a patient and careful love.

Jaehyuk’s grin upon seeing two roses on his locker was priceless. One was a bit bigger than the other. A small note was also there, along with the two pretty roses.

‘Here’s to make up for yesterday :D’

Neatly written, no exaggeration, no outburst of emotion. Jaehyuk sometimes wondered if the admirer was really a reserved person or just plain unromantic. He feared the second one and fancied the first one. The aura from his admirer was mysterious, drawing him in more and more each day!