Ventitrè

Omniscient
Morelli Estate
A Week Later

OmniscientMorelli Estate A Week Later

"You're extra drowsy today Tesoro." She groans trying to turn over but Adrian stops her.

"Let me roll over. You're-" He cuts her off tucking her in but leaving her leg out.

"Being mean. I know but you just got the last surgery you needed and you have to stay on your back for the night at least." She groans again slamming her arms on the bed in a huff.

Raina is almost healed completely from all of her injuries but Adrian is still weary about letting her out of his sight. He sent his men to go find who did this to her but yet and still they've come up with nothing which has been leaving Adrian on edge. He felt like he was missing an important piece in all of this but he doesn't know what it is and he's determined to find out in due time.

Raina's father has been a big help lately though. He watches over Raina while Adrian goes to help his men search for clues. It's also been a hassle keeping the police at bay since they didn't find her at a crime scene but took her car in to see if the attacker left something there. She has yet to tell anyone anything about that night but it's secretly eating her alive.

"I'm thirsty. May I have some water please." He smiles at her and kisses her forehead.

"Of course mio amore." She was extremely drowsy since they gave her Percocet for the pain.

Adrian hands her water bottle to her as he watches her struggle with her eyes closed to find the straw. She thought she found it and tried to drink from it but she was just sucking in air. He held in his laugh watching her imagine she's drinking and decides to help.

"You alright? Want me to leave the fan on again?" She tried to open her eyes as much as she could which wasn't much as she nods.

"Sleepy. Wanna go outside a little bit?" Adrian chuckles and kisses her cheek before she started dozing off again.

"No going out until you're healed and safe. Alright?" If he wasn't still enough he would've missed her slight nod as she fell asleep.

"Tu sei tutto per me." Adrian whispers kissing her head again before slowly and quietly getting up and turning the light off. He went to move but felt a tug on his wrist. (You mean everything to me)

"He won't come get me right?" Adrian nods and sits down again.

"Who?" He knew he probably should've waited til she was ready but he wanted to help as best he could.