Quattro

Hale Dion
Home
2 Days Later

I invited the man from the park over while Henning is at work

I invited the man from the park over while Henning is at work. I didn't want him to know that I probably found Luce's father because I know he'll be on my ass about not minding my business. I can't just not let her have a father because her mother had her father all her life.

"Thank you for coming..." I waited for him to say his name as I poured him some scotch.

"Winter. Why'd you call me?" He was straight to business and it was mature of him.

I was thinking he was some playboy thinking he was all that and a bag of chips. He's so far not full of himself but seems more like he's mature and is about his business but also cold. Mysterious and handsome I'd never let him go.

"Your mother named you that?" He glared at me obviously irritated with me.

"You'll call me whatever name I give you. What do you fucking want?" I was shocked at how he spoke to me but decided to tell him anyway.

"I want you to do a DNA test for my granddaughter. I think you could be her father." He chuckled as if he thought I was a joke.

"And what about the mother? What will you do when she finds out?" He said smirking at me.

"She knows." He shook his head sighing.

"You're easy to read Hale. Your daughter doesn't know and you'll break her trust that way." He said swirling his drink inside the cup.

I didn't like how arrogant he was being and if this was the father of my granddaughter I'm beyond disappointed in Raina. He is no one of importance and I'll be damned if he raises my Luce with this attitude. I can't blame her for being caught up with him because of his looks. He probably has money but so does she.

"If you're done I'll be going." He said placing the drink on the end table before walking towards the door.

I quickly stop him. He looks at me disgusted and annoyed. He reached past me to open the door but when he does there stood Henning. This just had to be the day he came home early. He was just looking between the both of us.

"Hello Winter." Henning said before walking completely inside the house.

"Henning long time no see." Henning gave me a look as if he was upset with me.

"Since you were a boy I believe." Winter nodded before moving my hand off his chest.

"This wife of yours is bossy and rowdy. Watch her for me?" Henning nods softly glancing at me once more.

"She won't be a problem anymore." Winter nodded and went to grab the door knob before stopping.

"How's your daughter by the way?" My blood ran cold thinking he'd say something about the DNA test.