Quattordici

Omniscient
Morelli Estate
Same Morning

"What?" She looks down and shrugs not knowing what else to say without hurting his feelings

"My mother was already angry that she thought I didn't know who the father was. I thought you'd see me as unfit." Adrian scoffs because her mother is literally insane.

"I wouldn't have done that to you." He explained to her.

Adrian definitely wouldn't separate a child from their mother. People thought he was sick in many ways but he wasn't that sick. He wouldn't want to deal with the heartache of Luce asking about why her mother wasn't with around. He's a big teddy bear and wouldn't be able to stand lying to her.

"I didn't know that at the time. I also didn't want her to be in any type of mafia bullshit. I couldn't fathom someone getting ahold of her just to spite you." He understood exactly what she was saying because his parents were the same way.

"I promise I'll do any and everything I can to keep you both safe." She smiled a little before patting his shoulder.

"I can take care of myself. International super spy and all." Adrian rolled his eyes at her joke.

"Yeah whatever. Now you mind telling me what happened last night?" She looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I told you everything was fine." Adrian scoffs once again and leans back into the couch.

"Yeah but I got different news." She groaned already knowing that Julius had said something to him before they even left the house.

She specifically told him not to tell Adrian because she didn't want him to worry or do anything irrational. After years being on the Morelli case she knew how dramatic he could be.

"I'm gonna kill him." She muttered to herself.

"He's just doing what I ordered now tell me what happened." She huffed crossing her arms.

"Nothing I handled it." She said trying to get him to let it go.

"Gesù Cristo you're still gonna deny it huh?" She nodded. "Just let me help."

"I don't need help Adrian. I just need to be more vigilant that's all." Adrian shook his head leaning into her.

"I just want to help make sure you're safe okay? Please?" She sighs deeply before rolling her eyes and nodding.

"Thank you, Tesoro." She nods looking around the room.

Adrian felt an urge to just kiss her. It was an extremely strong urge. He leans closer towards her and licks a line up her neck. Her breathing hitched as she turnes towards him. She glares at him but he still stared at her in admiration. He didn't know it yet but the love he had for her was burning him up inside.