Dodici

Raina Dion
City Mall
2:33p.m

Today was the day we were telling Luce about Adrian

Today was the day we were telling Luce about Adrian. He was more than happy but I was terrified. I didn't want her to think I was lying and trying to hurt her. It's the last thing I wanted to do but I also didn't want her in any danger either.

"Hey quit worrying alright? She'll understand and she'll love you endlessly." That's the thing about Adrian he seems to not care about it either.

He was hurt but it's as if he's completely gotten over it. His words were 'as long as I get to be with her now nothing else matters. Which stuck with me since I've been so worried about both of their feelings.

He was holding her hand as we made our way to a bench outside near a fountain. She was skipping in delight while talking to him about all her favorite things and asking him about his in the process.

"I like those Monster High movies mommy showed me AND she got me some from the comp'ter" He laughs at the way she says computer as he sits her on the bench.

"Mama we have to talk to you about something important." I looked around and instantly thought of why we didn't do this at either of our homes.

Adrian said his home was too risky and he didn't want to tell my father until his divorce was over and he could keep a clear head. He heard about it over the phone last night when we spoke about talking to Luce.

"I'm ready." She beamed at the both of us.

I take a deep breath before continuing. "Your special friend is actually really special okay? He's your-"

"Is he a superhero like you mommy!?" He chuckles before crouching to her level.

"No principessa, I'm your Papá." It was a pause and I was ready for the worst.

She did the exact opposite actually and jumped to hug him. It took him by surprise as well. He slowly wrapped his arms around her as she nuzzled her face into his neck. It warmed my heart to see them like this and if I was too quick I'd miss the tear that strayed from his eye.

"I love you Papá so much." She whispered, squeezing him tightly.

"I love you too Luce. So much." He said then looked towards me and mouthed 'thank you'. I just shook my head.

He didn't need to thank me. This was his child my own rational fears clouded that. Any woman would think the way I did and do what I did to protect their baby. It's different when you slowly get to know someone and realize they're not as scary as they seem. He's a powerful man and if he was cruel he could've taken her from me just to raise her as his heir.

He could've called CPS, Kidnapped her, killed me and took her, anything. I'm less afraid of him and more of what's surrounding him. I don't want to live in fear anymore but I know this is just the beginning of the end. I'll be as prepared as I can be for my baby.