Due

Present
Raina Dion
Home

"And that's how you got here

"And that's how you got here." I told my daughter Luce.

"Wow! Mama the sork pick me?" I smiled brightly at my baby.

"Yes he picked you and said you were perfect for me baby." She smiled brightly and hugged me.

Luce is 3 now and I'm so happy to have her. I didn't think I was pregnant I didn't have any symptoms. I didn't find out until I was around five months. I ended up having a small gender reveal in the process since I told Russ. We went back to the hospital and everything.

After what happened I packed my things and I just left. I did what was asked of me but along the lines got caught up. She's not a mistake to me because I didn't know what to do before and now I do. She didn't even stop me from traveling we do it together now.

"Mama! Wanna call Nana." I nodded before getting my phone and calling her.

I handed her the phone as she went and sat on the couch waiting for my mother to answer. When my mom found out she was elated. She had apparently been praying I got pregnant so she could have a grandchild before she got too old to play with any. I told her she shouldn't do that to people but she waved me off and spent my whole pregnancy with me.

"Hi Nana's baby! How are you? Did you eat today? Aw I wanna see you so I'm coming to get you okay?" Luce clapped loudly and squealed as her Nana hung up.

"Mama! Nana coming." I nodded and went to go pack her a bag knowing my mom keeps her for days at a time.

Luce came running up the stairs to her room to tell me to pack her lovey. Which is her stuffed pig that she loves so much. Twenty minutes had gone by before my mother was here to get her.

"Say I'll see you in a few days mommy." She told Luce.

"Bye bye mama" I kissed her chubby cheeks and watched them drive off.

Now it was time for mommy to unwind.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"I want to offer you your job back." I was tricked into coming out with my friends only for me to meet with boss.

"Why when I didn't ask for it?" He sighs before leaning in close.

"You can bust criminals correct? Better than anyone on the force so I need your help or I lose my company!" I glared at him.